Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what formats can the Phantom play?
What formats can the Phantom play in a one-unit and two-unit configurations?

Can it play well flac and wav 192/24 files?

Can it play DSD64?

How about DSD128?
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket
I have a Dialog & 2 Phantoms. I can play Flac 24/192; I do not use 24-bit Wav.
Until now I did not test Dsd-files.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
(23-Aug-2015, 21:50)jvi Wrote: I have a Dialog & 2 Phantoms. I can play Flac 24/192; I do not use 24-bit Wav.
Until now I did not test Dsd-files.

Does your setup play flac 192/24 well, without stuttering?

Where are the files streamed from, and how do they get to the Phantoms?

Can you please test DSD64? There are many free sample files on the web.
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket
Flac 192/24 play without stuttering. The files are on a NAS and that is coupled as a network drive on an Asus W5F laptop. This is a simple and not extreme fast device, but everything works well. The network is gigabit; network is coupled via the Dialog.

I will see into DSD files.

Spark seems to stream all the pcm file types I have with no problem, FLAC, ALAC, WAV and MP4 up to 24.192.
I don't use DSD so can't answer that one, sorry.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(24-Aug-2015, 11:35)f1eng Wrote: Spark seems to stream all the pcm file types I have with no problem, FLAC, ALAC, WAV and MP4 up to 24.192.
I don't use DSD so can't answer that one, sorry.

Is it possible to plug a USB thumb drive with music into the Dialog?
DSD-files are not visible in my Spark, so I guess they are not playable (yet !).

No option to use an USB thumb drive (into the Dialog); maybe in the future.
You can put the thumb in the PC/laptop where Spark is active; Spark will find the music.

Hi-def Audio is the ultimate sound frontier. I don't understand why Devialet has not implemented this feature. This is not certified.
When this feature will be implemented by Devialet I will buy two Phantoms.
I want to be sure this is a future proof system.
I think that the Dialog is the bottleneck, at the moment it's a toy.
We will see a version II soon with aes-ebu, spdif, hdmi, and usb-b ports.
(26-Aug-2015, 11:22)gabrielefx Wrote: Hi-def Audio is the ultimate sound frontier. I don't understand why Devialet has not implemented this feature. This is not certified.
When this feature will be implemented by Devialet I will buy two Phantoms.
I want to be sure this is a future proof system.
I think that the Dialog is the bottleneck, at the moment it's a toy.
We will see a version II soon with aes-ebu, spdif, hdmi, and usb-b ports.

Also, hopefully with USB-A ports, so that we can plug in USB thumb drives with music files directly, and have the Dialog II stream them.

It should have a high quality linear power supply.