Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HiFi-Advice D120 and 200 Review
http://hifi-advise.com/Devialet-120-200-review.html
I haven't read all of it yet but it appears to be favorable.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
,,after having purchased a Devialet, you're basically done! No more cable swapping and component matching... The Horror!"

good words
(24-Aug-2015, 21:46)moreno1973 Wrote: ,,after having purchased a Devialet, you're basically done! No more cable swapping and component matching... The Horror!"

good words

I agree... No more cable dressing as well... Pain, pain, pain...
Dedicated Mains >Crystal Standard Power Cables >Aurender X100L >Locus Design Essentia USB >D200 >Siltech 330L >Dynaudio C1 Signature
Montréal

The review is updated with a 120 vs 200 comparison!
Plus Air WiFi, Ethernet & USB are being compared...
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
Interesting review. I agree with a lot of it, though I haven't had the chance to compare a 120 to a 200. It'd be interesting if they'd reduced the power on the 200 to 120W and then compared. I sometimes wish we could adjust the power dynamically.

Regarding problems with two Devialets in the same mains circuit (or close proximity), quite early on I measured the mains noise coming off my Devialet 200 with an Audioprism noise sniffer. I don't know exactly what this gizmo is actually measuring, but it was pretty much off the scale and measuring a lot more of what it is supposed to measure than with any other component I've ever used it on. As a result I've kept other audio devices off the same (dedicated) mains spur to the Devialet. However I did recently find that my Melco sounded much better streaming to the Devialet when plugged into the same double mains socket on the same spur - like a massive improvement - so these things clearly need a little experimentation.
Hmmm, I wonder whether any 400 or 800 owners have tried connecting their master and companion amps to separate mains circuits and if so whether they could hear any difference in SQ?
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Guillaume certainly has it connected this way.
I found the comments regarding the 200 sounding more 'over damped' compared to the 120 interesting. The 200 more analytical and the 120 warmer.
Very well-done comparison.
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

Very interesting comparison of the two... I never auditioned them side by side, as I didn't need/want the power of the 200...