Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SteveO's System
Hi everyone. This is my current set-up which, thanks to the Devialet, is considerably down on boxes, wires and LEDs from previous daliances with Linn, Naim et-al.

Main Players
Michell Gyro SE / AO RB251+Technoweight / Dynavector XX-2
Intel NUC / J-River / USB
Devialet D200
B&W 802D

Other Stuff
Cambridge Audio Azur 752BD
Linn Unidisk 1.1 (only used for SACD these days).
Isotek Sigmas
GIK Acoustics 244 Bass Traps
(26-Jul-2014, 17:51)SteveO... Wrote: Hi everyone. This is my current set-up which, thanks to the Devialet, is considerably down on boxes, wires and LEDs from previous daliances with Linn, Naim et-al.

Main Players
Michell Gyro SE / AO RB251+Technoweight / Dynavector XX-2
Intel NUC / J-River / USB
Devialet D200
B&W 802D

Other Stuff
Cambridge Audio Azur 752BD
Linn Unidisk 1.1 (only used for SACD these days).
Isotek Sigmas
GIK Acoustics 244 Bass Traps

Nice! Welcome to Devialet Chat!

Dare I ask for some pictures? I know folks here will appreciate that! Smile

By the way I came from a full Linn Klimax rig... also check out the photos of my system you'll see I'm using GIK tri-traps! I have an Isotek Sigmas box too although this is only for my Oppo blu-ray player, ADA processor and Sky box.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Hello. Nice system... Gyro SE is for me the most amazing turntable in respect of its design. I don't have vinyl records but maybe one day I will start with this hobby. And in this moment I will buy Gyro SE. Just a great pleasure to watch it working...

Is 200 enough to drive 802D? No lack of power? How big is Your room?
(26-Jul-2014, 21:00)moreno1973 Wrote: Hello. Nice system... Gyro SE is for me the most amazing turntable in respect of its design. I don't have vinyl records but maybe one day I will start with this hobby. And in this moment I will buy Gyro SE. Just a great pleasure to watch it working...

Is 200 enough to drive 802D? No lack of power? How big is Your room?

I have a good sized room, at about 7 m X 6 m. The D200 is enough to comfortably drive the 802s at the moderate volume levels I generally use.

I have recently tried a D400 in my system. The speakers responded well to the extra power with better dynamics and a tighter low bass. It was very enjoyable. For now I am going to stick with the single D200. It does what I need it to and strangely, listening to the D400 confirmed just how good the basic D200 is.
GorbeSE/SME 309/DV XX-2 & Roon Rock (NUC) > D400 > Wilson Benesch Vectors
(26-Jul-2014, 17:57)GuillaumeB Wrote: Nice! Welcome to Devialet Chat!

Dare I ask for some pictures? I know folks here will appreciate that! Smile

By the way I came from a full Linn Klimax rig... also check out the photos of my system you'll see I'm using GIK tri-traps! I have an Isotek Sigmas box too although this is only for my Oppo blu-ray player, ADA processor and Sky box.

Guillaume

Guillaume, thanks for the welcome.

I've had a load of Linn kit over the years; LP12, Kheilidhs, Kinos, Ikemi, 5100, Unidisk 1.1 and most recently a Klimax (Chakra) Twin power-amp (with an ARC LS26 pre). Having recently moved to a new home with a much bigger listening room, I found the Twin/802s sounding thin and lacking in bass. The Devialet has fixed that problem, so much so that I now need the bass traps Big Grin

Anyway, I have attached some pictures.

Damn, I can see I need to do some dusting!
Blimey!  Lots has changed since I posted this up.  Currently listening to:

Aurender X100L
D400
B&W 802Ds

GyroSE (+ Orbe bits), SME 309 and Dynavector XX-2

I've also moved house and my new listening room is quite a bit smaller than before.  Consequently I have invested in lots of GiK Tri-Traps, Monster Traps and 244 Traps which have done a fantastic job of preventing the big B&Ws from overwhelming the room.
The speaker fairies have visited.  The current system is:

Aurender X100L
D400
Wilson Benesch Vectors

HiFi Racks Podium Slimline Akorner XL
Lots of GIK room treatment;  4 x TriTraps, 2 x Monster Traps, 2 x 244 Traps

The GyroSE / SME 309 / Dynavector XX-2 is currently in storage while I decide where to set it up in the room.

The Vectors are the big change; the old 802Ds were just too big for the room.  The Vectors are a more appropriate size and have shocked me with how much better they sound than the B&Ws.  The SAM profile works very well too (@ 50%).  This is easily the best sound I have had out of any of my systems  Big Grin .