Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware update 1.3.0.x
Please post impressions here Smile
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
First off, the volume control seems way better calibrated from 0-35, haven't tried any louder. Spark is more user friendly and the dreaded hissing noise is reduced while playing from volume 5 and down to 0. Still same noise from volume 6 and upwards. Haven't tried BT connection yet.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Firmware update has failed for me 6x in a row now. Giving up and will try later.
Bluetooth is working well from my iPad and iPhone. Enjoying streaming Spotify to it. The device volume works also, so I don't need to open Spark at all.

However, Bluetooth from my Mac Mini in the same room (and same distance away from the Phantom) was very glitchy, but I'm not sure if this was something I was doing wrong.
Network got more stable. Streaming local files works now for me also in 24/192k. Finally, you can see locally stored playlists and can choose to add the itunes library. Unfortunately, same albums with different resolution/quality get mixed together. It would be nice to see more file infos as e.g. file format resolution, sampling freq. Albums should stay intact and not be mixed with tracks from same album stored at different locations.
Overall the experience is positive. Sure I need to get used to the new volume linearity or non-linearity. Good is that spark does remember the volume that has been set at last listening even when you quit all Spark apps and restart them. All observations were made with 2 Phantoms and Dialog, Ipad and MacMini and latest os'.
In Qobuz settings you finally can choose HiRes, which means you can stream your purchased albums from Qobuz in 24bit quality and up to 192k. This feature can be used with the Qobuz sublime subscription only. However, caution with this feature. In case the album does exist in HiRes at Qobuz but you have not purchased it, the file cannot be played, but is also not greyed out. Spark should in this case automatically use the lossless (CD quality) and not ignore the song. Workaround: go to settings and choose Lossless(Flac) and the file will play. Purchased files play in HiRes. So, for now I leave in the Qobuz settings Lossless(Flac) and switch to HiRes in case I want to listen to a specifically purchased HiRes album or stream the album from local folder.
Anyone know what the changes are or can paste the change log?
Smile  Hi-Res local and optical is working now ! 
Smile Hi-res Qobuz is supported , however ..
Sad Hi-res qobuz is not working (not for me , yet, anyways )
Smile Bluetooth
Smile Volume control with iPhone's volume buttons , however ..
Undecided giant volume steps using device volume buttons.  Should be revised I think
Smile Improved Interface
Undecided liked some of the elements of the old interface more ( like the player interface they copied from Qobuz )
Dodgy Still a delay from optical input 
Huh Wondering if the toaster dialog and phantoms will stop heating up when not in use.

Enjoying my music even more after the update --now it properly supports hi-res.  Hope either I or Deviate can figure out how to get Qobuz hi-res streaming working.
And once the delay problem is solved, I can use the phantom as main speakers without the need of subwoofers  ..
(01-Sep-2015, 17:51)markminnoye Wrote: Enjoying my music even more after the update --now it properly supports hi-res.  Hope either I or Deviate can figure out how to get Qobuz hi-res streaming working.
And once the delay problem is solved, I can use the phantom as main speakers without the need of subwoofers  ..

Qobuz HiRes works for me, see my post above. You need Qobuz sublime subscription AND can only play purchased albums or tracks in HiRes. It is the same as on the Qobuz Android or IOS apps.
(01-Sep-2015, 18:04)streamy Wrote:
(01-Sep-2015, 17:51)markminnoye Wrote: Enjoying my music even more after the update --now it properly supports hi-res.  Hope either I or Deviate can figure out how to get Qobuz hi-res streaming working.

Qobuz HiRes works for me, see my post above. You need Qobuz sublime subscription AND can only play purchased albums or tracks in HiRes. It is the same as on the Qobuz Android or IOS apps.

indeed.  I didn't figure that out yet ...