Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
802 Diamond - D200 vs D400
Hi guys

I consider adding second Devialet 200 to my setup,
How you think D400 will impact the performance of mine 802 Diamond,
Is it worth the price of another D200?

By the way, my 802 diamonds are a little bright, did someone else who owns those noticed it or it’s a matter of brake in that will take time ,
mine are 4 month old with not much played hours around 400.

P.S
My dealer convinced me that ill better take another D200 master since when time will come it will be easier to sell than D200 companion .
Devialet 800| B&W 802 Diamond | JL 113 | Linn Akurate DS + Denon HEOS for Spotify | Stealth Reverie speaker cables| Audioprana AES/RCA | DH LABS PC 
Convince your dealer to try the companion at your home Wink
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -
Hi Stigmater

I have been using a D200 to drive 802Ds for nearly two years. These are, I think, from the series before your Diamonds but my experience may be of interest.

I have tried a D400 a couple of times, and the most recent experience has convinced me that the big B&Ws benefit from the extra power. While my D200 easily beats my previous amplifiers with the B&Ws, the D400 takes it much further - more detail and space, even better dynamics and tighter bass. I haven't upgraded to the D400 yet, but I think it is highly likely that I will as I consider the improvement worth the cost. As ledesc says above, your dealer should let you borrow a D200 companion to try.

I can't say that the D400 made any difference to the brightness of the treble. One thing to consider is how you have your speakers positioned. I have mine facing straight into the room, not facing in towards the listener. This gives me a vary natural sound with excellent imaging and no emphasis on the treble.
GorbeSE/SME 309/DV XX-2 & Roon Rock (NUC) > D400 > Wilson Benesch Vectors
I see some UK dealers are doing a 15% off offer on the companions, considering the price drop a while back to adjust for the euro to £ exchange rate, good deals to be had! It might be time to pull the trigger!
(06-Sep-2015, 17:42)Confused Wrote: I see some UK dealers are doing a 15% off offer on the companions, considering the price drop a while back to adjust for the euro to £ exchange rate, good deals to be had!  It might be time to pull the trigger!

Sorry to put you on the spot but which UK dealers are offering 15% off? I am seriously interested. Thanks Wink
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(02-Sep-2015, 12:29)Stigmater Wrote: P.S
My dealer convinced me that ill better take another D200 master since when time will come it will be easier to sell than D200 companion .

I followed the same philosophy when I purchased my second D250. Not that I intend selling my D800 (anytime soon!)
Oracle Delphi MkVI Reference Second Generation - SME Series V - Lyra Delos 
   Expert 1000 Pro CI - Magico A3
Audioquest Niagara 3000
Nucleus+ - roon lifetime - Qobuz Sublime+
 x2 Matte Black Phantom I
(06-Sep-2015, 20:03)blorbed Wrote:
(02-Sep-2015, 12:29)Stigmater Wrote: P.S

I followed the same philosophy when I purchased my second D250. Not that I intend selling my D800 (anytime soon!)

Of course you will then need to make two sales to get your money back. Or lose the extra you paid for it if you sell as a 400... Huh
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(06-Sep-2015, 19:18)PhilP Wrote:
(06-Sep-2015, 17:42)Confused Wrote: I see some UK dealers are doing a 15% off offer on the companions, considering the price drop a while back to adjust for the euro to £ exchange rate, good deals to be had!  It might be time to pull the trigger!

Sorry to put you on the spot but which UK dealers are offering 15% off? I am seriously interested. Thanks Wink

I believe dealer advertising breaks forum rules!  Not that I'm a dealer, but I guess you get my drift.

Although an internet search using fairly specific terms related to a 15% companion offer might turn something up?  

I actually spotted this offer by accident whilst looking for something else, and assumed it was available at all dealers, much like the offer last year.  After a bit of Internet searching I'm not so sure, I could only see the original one I found by accident.
(06-Sep-2015, 17:42)JConfused Wrote: I see some UK dealers are doing a 15% off offer on the companions, considering the price drop a while back to adjust for the euro to £ exchange rate, good deals to be had!  It might be time to pull the trigger!

I've heard this too. Unfortunately a house move comes first, so I may miss out.
GorbeSE/SME 309/DV XX-2 & Roon Rock (NUC) > D400 > Wilson Benesch Vectors
(06-Sep-2015, 20:31)Confused Wrote:
(06-Sep-2015, 19:18)PhilP Wrote:

I believe dealer advertising breaks forum rules!  Not that I'm a dealer, but I guess you get my drift.

Although an internet search using fairly specific terms related to a 15% companion offer might turn something up?  

I actually spotted this offer by accident whilst looking for something else, and assumed it was available at all dealers, much like the offer last year.  After a bit of Internet searching I'm not so sure, I could only see the original one I found by accident.

Ok, found it. Thanks.  Strange that they seem to be on their own with this offer. Haven't been to that beautiful city for a while - I live closer to their ancient rivals.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)