Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
802 Diamond - D200 vs D400
How important is the digital cable connecting both 220 Pros? Just using an older AudioQuest King Cobra - but is there a lot of communication going on via that cable?
@markush
Am running 802D3 with 440-Pro ... its been wonderful and never felt that more power is necessary in a 31 Sq metres room. Tried 1000-Pro but returned to 440-Pro that sounds sweeter to my ears. The digital cable between the 2 monoblocks is "very important" .. I prefer using :
1. RCA to AES/EBU instead of RCA to RCA. It gives a much more open & 3-dimensional soundstage.
2. Limiting the length of the digital cable to not more than 3 metres. (I use 1.5 Metres Audioquest Wild after upgrading from Audioquest Diamond)
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
A better digital cable has lower jitter what you will hear.

Please try ist for yourself.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
Taste is personal. I hear a big difference between digital cables connecting dual-mono Devialet amps. I preferred RCA-XLR until the Devialet Pro-CI update, when Devialet changed something that makes my RCA-RCA cables sound better than RCA-XLR. The connector makes a smaller difference than the quality of the cable though.

I happened to prefer the sound of Devialet 1000 to Devialet 440 with B&W 804d3 (and prefer dual-mono to single or bi-amped), but clearly those are just preferences. Sir audio_engr and I do have the same taste in cables though.