Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet PHANTOM Ships, Becomes Fastest-Selling Product in High-End Audio
http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles...end-audio/
400 of the first production run have sold and it is the fastest selling in Hi End audio. Hi End must be small indeed or did I misread the article? Congratulations Devialet. I sincerely hope they do well with the Phantom, it could well be a game changer.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
This is clearly straight from Devialet marketing HQ? I have listened to the Phantoms, and for the money, or even for quite a bit more money, I cannot think of anything I'd rather have as a hifi.

I have to say though, reading the attached "article" genuinely made me feel sick!
The first sentence is: "The following is a press release issued by Devialet."...
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(08-Sep-2015, 21:26)Antoine Wrote: The first sentence is: "The following is a press release issued by Devialet."...

I'll be honest Antoine, I did actually miss that bit!  Although reading the actual words it was pretty obvious.  It still made me feel sick though!
Tongue 
(08-Sep-2015, 21:14)Confused Wrote: ...I have listened to the Phantoms, and for the money, or even for quite a bit more money, I cannot think of anything I'd rather have as a hifi.  

Wink
Confused... now you have got me confused! Tried reading this several times... Even upside down Cool

...ummm, do you mean:

A. The audition of these speakers addles yer brain to the point of being unable to form a decision? (health warning?)
B. You are averse to making a preference anyway?

...I'm bored! ...sorry.. idle hands and all that!

Tongue
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.
(14-Sep-2015, 10:07)teddlesdee Wrote:
(08-Sep-2015, 21:14)Confused Wrote: ...I have listened to the Phantoms, and for the money, or even for quite a bit more money, I cannot think of anything I'd rather have as a hifi.  

Wink
Confused... now you have got me confused! Tried reading this several times... Even upside down Cool

...ummm, do you mean:

A. The audition of these speakers addles yer brain to the point of being unable to form a decision? (health warning?)
B. You are averse to making a preference anyway?

...I'm bored! ...sorry.. idle hands and all that!

Tongue

Mr Teddlesdee, I think one of us is going quite insane, possibly more than one of us .... Angel

To clarify....

I like the Phantoms, and if I were buying a new system with a 5 to 10k budget, I think 2 silvers and a Dialog would get my cash.  To be super clear, I am very happy with my current
system, so not looking to buy anything, but I do think the Phantoms are jolly good value.

Then we have Devialet's marketing rhetoric, reading it make me feel very unwell.

Curiously, when I am thinking of spending cash on hifi, I will try to audition many things very carefully, and concentrate very hard.  Genuinely, this does addle my brain.....