Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAM seems broken
I have got a Devialet 120 and right installed the current firmware 8.1.3
As a loudspeaker I am using the B&W 804 Diamond. I also configured that in the configurator
and BW 804D appears also on the startup screen at the Devialet. Though there is no difference
between SAM On and choosing between 0% and 100% or even having SAM on / off.
Any ideas? Huh
(09-Sep-2015, 09:59)markush Wrote: I have got a Devialet 120 and right installed the current firmware 8.1.3
As a loudspeaker I am using the B&W 804 Diamond. I also configured that in the configurator
and BW 804D appears also on the startup screen at the Devialet. Though there is no difference
between SAM On and choosing between 0% and 100% or even having SAM on / off.
Any ideas? Huh

It definitely isn't right. Delete everything off your SD card. Take it out of your computer and put it back in. Check it's really empy. Then re-do the configuration from start. Good luck!
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Ok - good idea! Will try that.
I did log a ticket with Devialet as I felt SAM was rather subtle with f/w 8.x and not necessarily actually making anything better any more with my Raidhos. The response was that 'SAM is better than it was'. OK, thanks for that...
(09-Sep-2015, 11:06)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I did log a ticket with Devialet as I felt SAM was rather subtle with f/w 8.x and not necessarily actually making anything better any more with my Raidhos. The response was that 'SAM is better than it was'. OK, thanks for that...

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin LOL

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
It's really strange - as SAM on / off should heally make difference - also when changing between 0% and 100% on the B&W 804 Diamond. This one is really capable of some deep frequencies. Though there is no difference in sound, no mather what songs I play. But have to try with an erased SD card and completely new configuration to test again. Really do hope to get any results from this.
(09-Sep-2015, 11:15)markush Wrote: It's really strange - as SAM on / off should heally make difference - also when changing between 0% and 100% on the B&W 804 Diamond. This one is really capable of some deep frequencies. Though there is no difference in sound, no mather what songs I play. But have to try with an erased SD card and completely new configuration to test again. Really do hope to get any results from this.

I have the same issue with LS50s.

The bass control has an effect but SAM either has no effect or it is extremely subtle, can't really tell which.

The earlier version of SAM had a dramatic effect but not the current version.
mac mini (2018, Latest MacOS, plain old iTunes) > no name USB cable or AIR3 over ethernet -> Devialet 200 -> Kimber 8TC -> KEF LS50
For me too - bass control does have an immediate, though SAM obviously (even at 100%) doesn't have a difference at all.
Unfortunately my first Devialet 120 experience with the B&W 804 Diamond is with 8.1.3, so I have no comparison to former firmware versions.
Hope Devialte is investigating into this.
Also discussed here ......

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=1526

(It's also discussed in the 8.1.3 thread)
(09-Sep-2015, 13:48)markush Wrote: For me too - bass control does have an immediate, though SAM obviously (even at 100%) doesn't have a difference at all.
Unfortunately my first Devialet 120 experience with the B&W 804 Diamond is with 8.1.3, so I have no comparison to former firmware versions.
Hope Devialte is investigating into this.

Try and get hold of some generated tones below 40hz and try these with SAM switched off then on. I have Nordost setup and tuning disc which has a set of tones and which I have used to hear the effect of SAM and to prove that it is working.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England