Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAM seems broken
New owner of D200 for about two weeks also running on 804 Diamond and I currently run with Sam off. I do noticed difference but not yet in a good way, little overblown, I can't run Sam above 35/40% as bass than really takes centerstage and drowning out the mids/highs. I use the newest firmware, no experience with the older ones.

I have yet to really get that wow moment. Air is unusable for me both wifi and ethernet, a little disappointed with devialet as a company.
Really strange ... to some it is the absolute opposite. No bass - even with SAM at 100%. So when listening to Angel by Massive Attack (which is also the song used in the measurement here http://en.devialet.com/speakers/bowers-w...4-diamond/ ) there seems to be hardly any difference between SAM off and Sam 100%. I am really eager to hear feedback from Devialet as many users are experiencing problems or are uncertain about sound quality.
Though when setting tone control of bass +db for example there is an immediate effect.
I get more bass with SAM set at 100% but I wouldn't say it's more coherent. I find some tracks sound better with it on with SAM at different percentages and others (probably half or more) sound better with it off.
A few tracks also seem to induce thumps - almost like an exaggeration of a thump that's already on the track. These can be loud. It is worst with SAM on 100% and barely happens with it set to 50% or less (and not at all when off). I've logged a ticket with Devialet about this and they do seem to be looking into it.
(09-Sep-2015, 10:26)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(09-Sep-2015, 09:59)markush Wrote: I have got a Devialet 120 and right installed the current firmware 8.1.3
As a loudspeaker I am using the B&W 804 Diamond. I also configured that in the configurator
and BW 804D appears also on the startup screen at the Devialet. Though there is no difference
between SAM On and choosing between 0% and 100% or even having SAM on / off.
Any ideas? Huh

It definitely isn't right. Delete everything off your SD card. Take it out of your computer and put it back in. Check it's really empy. Then re-do the configuration from start. Good luck!

(13-Sep-2015, 11:29)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I get more bass with SAM set at 100% but I wouldn't say it's more coherent. I find some tracks sound better with it on with SAM at different percentages and others (probably half or more) sound better with it off.
A few tracks also seem to induce thumps - almost like an exaggeration of a thump that's already on the track. These can be loud. It is worst with SAM on 100% and barely happens with it set to 50% or less (and not at all when off).  I've logged a ticket with Devialet about this and they do seem to be looking into it.

Ok - please update here too when you get a notification from Devialet.
Maybe your room has also an impact on the problems you described.
Oh!! I realized there is a new "V8" (Certified/approved?) sticker or sign in the selection of SAM speakers in the configurator. So as many mentioned having some troubles with B&W 804 Diamond - that is comprehensible as this speaker has no "V8". Hopefully they update the most used speakers soon.
I'm pretty sure the 'V8' sticker means you have to use V8 firmware for SAM to work with the stickered speakers. And non-stickered speakers will be the ones SAM'd pre-V8 and will work with V7 firmware too. These are upwardly compatible with V8 apparently (though I'm a little sceptical).
I have lodged a query with Devialet re SAM 2. This has been open for nearly three weeks now. They have either forgotten about me or they are investigating very thoroughly, I have no idea which. (Maybe key staff are distracted by whatever today's "big announcement" might be?)

Time will tell.
(09-Sep-2015, 09:59)markush Wrote: I have got a Devialet 120 and right installed the current firmware 8.1.3
As a loudspeaker I am using the B&W 804 Diamond. I also configured that in the configurator
and BW 804D appears also on the startup screen at the Devialet. Though there is no difference
Any ideas? Huh

It definitely isn't right. Delete everything off your SD card. Take it out of your computer and put it back in. Check it's really empy. Then re-do the configuration from start. Good luck!

(18-Sep-2015, 07:10)Confused Wrote: I have lodged a query with Devialet re SAM 2.  This has been open for nearly three weeks now.  They have either forgotten about me or they are investigating very thoroughly, I have no idea which.  (Maybe key staff are distracted by whatever today's "big announcement" might be?)

Time will tell.

Same here! Also wrote a notification to support to bring my pending ticket to attention - no feedback till now.
As SAM is a critical part in the overal Devialet performance I do hope they are investigating this thoroughly.
I think there is some kind of flaw in the "compatability" between V7 and V8 of SAM profiles. I'd love to see the most used speaker profiles being V8ed as the currently V8 sticked profiles.
Markush - I actually think this might be good news, maybe, just maybe, they are taking their time to look into this carefully. I'm ever the optimist!
Any ideas? Huh

(18-Sep-2015, 08:04)Confused Wrote: Markush - I actually think this might be good news, maybe, just maybe, they are taking their time to look into this carefully.  I'm ever the optimist!
Just got a feedback from Devialet!
==
Our engineers solved the problem and corrected the 804 Diamond SAM profile.
==
The new one is already uploaded on the configurator. My very first impression sounds promising.