Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Flagship Store in Shanghai Closed
Just being told that Devialet's Flagship Store in Shanghai has been closed permanently. I believe it was only a year ago when it was just started.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Any reasons given?
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
Nope. I would guess that rental is simply too expensive.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

A friend of mine, currently living and working in Shanghai, went along to have a look a couple of months ago and said he was not that impressed. Apparently there was very little on display, and not a very welcoming atmosphere Sad.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
I think the model they have adopted is flawed. It's a luxury low volume purchase. It isn't Apple Store or any other type of FMCG for that matter. I fear they could regret this if they continue to pursue this model. There's a wealth of independent audio shops worldwide that would extend the reach of their products without the colossal overhead of setting up shop. I hope for ours and Devialet's sakes I am proved wrong. The own brand boutique approach, is simply vanity insanity.
Devialet 250 Firmware 10.1 SAM 100% (USB & AIR Ethernet) Wilson Audio Duette (MK1), REL S3, Innuos Zenith 2TB SSD, Roon, Audioquest Diamond & Chord Epic Reference. Qobuz & Tidal.
(11-Sep-2015, 21:18)Floyd67 Wrote: I think the model they have adopted is flawed. It's a luxury low volume purchase. It isn't Apple Store or any other type of FMCG for that matter. I fear they could regret this if they continue to pursue this model. There's a wealth of independent audio shops worldwide that would extend the reach of their products without the colossal overhead of setting up shop. I hope for ours and Devialet's sakes I am proved wrong. The own brand boutique approach, is simply vanity insanity.

very well said.
I do think, however, that their "mini boutique" in Harrods in London is not such a bad idea, since it is a location that attracts many, many people with too much cash and can spin off into extra sales.

love the "vanity insanity" comment  Smile
(12-Sep-2015, 08:18)krass Wrote:
(11-Sep-2015, 21:18)Floyd67 Wrote: I think the model they have adopted is flawed. It's a luxury low volume purchase. It isn't Apple Store or any other type of FMCG for that matter. I fear they could regret this if they continue to pursue this model. There's a wealth of independent audio shops worldwide that would extend the reach of their products without the colossal overhead of setting up shop. I hope for ours and Devialet's sakes I am proved wrong. The own brand boutique approach, is simply vanity insanity.

very well said.
I do think, however, that their "mini boutique" in Harrods in London is not such a bad idea, since it is a location that attracts many, many people with too much cash and can spin off into extra sales.

love the "vanity insanity" comment  Smile

I agree. 

Apple has 8 core products - Mac, iPhone, iPod, iPad, Watch, TV, iTunes and Apps. And within the first 6 there must be around 100 variations. And on top of the they have loads of accessories.

The sense in opening dedicated Devialet shops with 2 core products and perhaps 7 variants, with nothing costing under £1,000, is at best naive.

Even the mini boutiques in upmarket stores are questionable given the technical complexity which the product embodies.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
I remember that Linn has a mini shop in Harrods (Pretty much where the Dev' shop now is). Closed a few years ago due to lack of business.

I too hope this isn't a issue for Devialet.

Rik
Devialet Ensemble

Hampshire, UK
(14-Sep-2015, 11:00)IanG-UK Wrote: Even the mini boutiques in upmarket stores are questionable given the technical complexity which the product embodies.

The technical complexity is a good point and I sometimes wonder if they're trying to spread to the more mainstream customer base before the products/technology have actually matured enough. They might just end up with a bad reputation.
(14-Sep-2015, 11:38)Rufus McDufus Wrote:
(14-Sep-2015, 11:00)IanG-UK Wrote: Even the mini boutiques in upmarket stores are questionable given the technical complexity which the product embodies.

The technical complexity is a good point and I sometimes wonder if they're trying to spread to the more mainstream customer base before the products/technology have actually matured enough. They might just end up with a bad reputation.

I think that, by reading some of the Posts in this very Forum, their reputation is already taking a significant hit Sad!

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK