Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scansonic speakers anyone heard them?
Anyone here who has heard any speakers from Scansonic, mainly from the MB series. They are coming out with a new one called the MB-6 that I am intrested in.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(13-Sep-2015, 15:48)octaviars Wrote: Anyone here who has heard any speakers from Scansonic, mainly from the MB series. They are coming out with a new one called the MB-6 that I am intrested in.

Guillaume has, and he thought the MB_2.5 was the budget bargin of the year... he probably will give his own in depth soon here on the forum

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(13-Sep-2015, 15:48)octaviars Wrote: Anyone here who has heard any speakers from Scansonic, mainly from the MB series. They are coming out with a new one called the MB-6 that I am intrested in.

MB-6, please send some info! I am going Aavik quite soon so family signature speakers are interesting, though I already have Raidho X1 but will pick up the speaker chase asap Aavik is cooked in fully in my system.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(13-Sep-2015, 15:58)Mikeeo Wrote:

MB-6, please send some info! I am going Aavik quite soon so family signature speakers are interesting, though I already have Raidho X1 but will pick up the speaker chase asap Aavik is cooked in fully in my system.

/Mike

I have only seen them on Scansonic Facebook page but they look really intresting. Seems to be a MB-2.5 but with the addition of 4 more woofers, really like the slim tall speaker but if there is no grill it is a no no for me with small children. I have sent an email to the Swedish agent to se if I can get some more info on them. I like the fact that they dont have any side mounted woofers, Scansonic is writing 9000€ for them. I am hoping they will be shown in Malmö (Sweden) at the fair in october.

https://www.facebook.com/Scansonic?fref=ts

[Image: 10421495_987677094616943_176407543016727...e=569CCDB6]

[Image: 1611012_986662928051693_4022289997315408...e=5662F70C]
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system

(13-Sep-2015, 16:42)octaviars Wrote:
(13-Sep-2015, 15:58)Mikeeo Wrote:

/Mike

I have only seen them on Scansonic Facebook page but they look really intresting. Seems to be a MB-2.5 but with the addition of 4 more woofers, really like the slim tall speaker but if there is no grill it is a no no for me with small children. I have sent an email to the Swedish agent to se if I can get some more info on them. I like the fact that they dont have any side mounted woofers, Scansonic is writing 9000€ for them. I am hoping they will be shown in Malmö (Sweden) at the fair in october.

https://www.facebook.com/Scansonic?fref=ts

[Image: 10421495_987677094616943_176407543016727...e=569CCDB6]

[Image: 1611012_986662928051693_4022289997315408...e=5662F70C]

Thanks, they look amazing, this may just be a new candidate for me, talk about going on the other far end from Raidho X1....
I also have toddlers at home but I managed to get them house-hifi broken... though my previous speakers had a few adjustments from plastic hammers and flying lego...

/Mike
I think we will have to tell our hifi pimp to bring home a Scansonic so we can test it.

Second system

The MB-6 is going to be at the fair in Malmö in october. Price and specs are coming this week according to the Swedish agent.

Second system

Those are a bit too big for me, but I like the look of the 2.5 and 3.5 (looks being important in my lounge setup), and the price seems pretty good if the first impressions are fair.

Looking forward to trying to hear some here in the UK. I'd like a slightly less clinical and warmer sound than my Facts, and also a little more BASS THUMP.

Looking forward to hearing your reports….

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(14-Sep-2015, 15:40)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Those are a bit too big for me, but I like the look of the 2.3 and 3.5 (looks being important in my lounge setup), and the price seems pretty good if the first impressions are fair.

Looking forward to trying to hear some here in the UK.  I'd like a slightly less clinical and warmer sound than my Facts, and also a little more BASS THUMP.

Looking forward to hearing your reports….

I heard the Scansonic MB 2.5 in Munich and loved them, actually Kunter was with me too... we were both amazed at their ability to deliver a very wide and convincing 3D soundstage (and it was a big room!). For relatively small speakers and low price point (€2,900?) these speakers really do punch above their weight. They were being played alongside some really serious Raidho offerings. Absolute bargain if you ask me.

Of course these were partnered with the excellent Aavik U-300 amplifier (and top of the range Ansuz cables) so I've no idea how good they would sound with the Devialet in a typical setup. I can't imagine they will sound bad though. They do have a bit of the Raidho house sound so they might not be for everyone.

Bass-wise I'm not sure. I just remember being amazed by their "big room" sound almost disbelieving that the sound was coming from the 2.5 and not from one of the bigger Raidho speakers on display. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Ditto to Guillaume...

Pretty soon I will be hearing them here in Turkey as some company is starting to import them.

The MB 2.5 was simply breathtaking. Did not care much for the 3.5 though...

If I have the chance to test with Devialet, will report back here...

Cheers...
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey