Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scansonic speakers anyone heard them?
I auditioned the MB 3.5 at home, with my D400, and did not like them.

However, I would like to recommend the Spendor D7 that I am using.
Check them out, if you have the chance!
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket
(16-Sep-2015, 06:37)miro Wrote: I auditioned the MB 3.5 at home, with my D400, and did not like them.

What was it that you did not like about the 3.5? The MB-6 that I am intrested in does not have the side mounted basdrivers like the 3.5

I have Focal Electra 1038 today and like them so for me Focal Sopra No2 is something that I am going to listen to when they get to my dealer.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(16-Sep-2015, 06:45)octaviars Wrote:
(16-Sep-2015, 06:37)miro Wrote: I auditioned the MB 3.5 at home, with my D400, and did not like them.

What was it that you did not like about the 3.5? The MB-6 that I am intrested in does not have the side mounted basdrivers like the 3.5

I have Focal Electra 1038 today and like them so for me Focal Sopra No2 is something that I am going to listen to when they get to my dealer.

I did not like the overall sound quality.
The side-mounted bass drivers might have contributed for that.
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket

I have heard the Spendor D7 and it's a winner!
(16-Sep-2015, 16:25)Mr_Bill Wrote:

I have heard the Spendor D7 and it's a winner!

hi Bill,
nice to see you here! hope you are enjoying a nice music with your D400

Spendor D7 would be fine, indeed.

Distributors of High-End Audio equipment & accessories & International Exclusive dealers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brands:  HiDiamond, Essence of Music, Crystal Cable, Siltech Cable, VertexAQ, Audeze, Musical Fidelity, Wilson Benesch, Cardas Cables, Sennheiser, MusicalStones, Klutz Design. Acoustic Preference, Dynaudio, PS Audio, Ayon Audio, Dan D'agostino and many more Smile
Cosmosound Technologies (www.cosmo-tech.info)
eshop: www.echosaudio.net
Got to listen to the new Scansonic MB-6 in Malmö yesterday. The Raidho sound is present in these and it sounded good. Need to hear them under better conditions to really get to know them.

Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system

MB-6 appear smaller than I thought.
Anyone else who can put a comment on these?
I got to listen to them again in Copenhagen this time for a longer time and in the sweetspot. They are really good. Big sound, really dynamic and effortless sound. They where driven by Primare electronics dont know exactly wich it was but is was rather basic models. My dealer who sells both Primare and Devialet said to me that a D400 smokes the Primare so the sound from a MB-6 is going to be better with the Devialets.
I think the MB-6 is around 1,4m high so they are quit tall but they are only 0,18m wide, I think they look really nice.

Second system

I somehow missed the last reply. Thank you!!
I didn't find many (only one) reviews and would actually like to hear them myself. Hopefully someone in TX will carry them soon.
BTW I was a big fan of 1028BE, and can't wait to listen to Sophra2 too.
Scansonic are on my shortlist:

Scansonic MB2.5/MB6 vs Sonus Faber Olympica I and II vs Raidho XT1 and XT2 and C1.1 vs ProAC 30R/48R
Boenicke, Mola Mola, Hi Diamond, fidata, Lumin, AQVOX, SteinMusic, Bybee, toetapaudio