Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet connection?
I'm new to this forum and have a question. I just got a Devialet 200 and it's on the top floor of my house and the router is in the basement. So I can't connect the Devialet via direct Ethernet. Which would be the next best option? I would really like to use my laptop as a server but the CD player connected via digital coaxial does sound good too. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Hi Darren, could you explain a bit more what you want to achieve? To be more precise, what do you think you need the router for?
Devialet 250, PS Audio Transport - PS Audio P5 - Aurender N100H- Thorens TD160MkII - Restek MTUN+, Eternal Arts TTP, TAD ME1
Hi
You can try ethernet over powerline like this product .
You can read about it
http://www.cnet.com/news/get-a-powerline...for-29-99/

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Devialet 400, 
Ayon Raptor S
Townshend maximum super tweeters
MAC mini ,Amarra +IRC .
Digital -Telos Audio Gold Reference MKII ,
Speakers:Analysis plus Clear Oval
Power :Graditech - Voima 1

(29-Jul-2014, 13:12)PeterS Wrote: Hi Darren, could you explain a bit more what you want to achieve? To be more precise, what do you think you need the router for?

Not sure how this thread was posted twice? I'm trying to achieve the best sound quality possible so I'd like to try all the options. I've tried USB, using my cd player as a transport, wireless. I prefer the easiest setup. Not sure how big a difference these different connections sound? I'd like to bypass the router altogether.