Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
One happy customer
All i read here is very unhappy customers complaining about everything.
Im very happy about the new volume change and i think the system workes great!
coming from a system with monoblocks and to much hassle with millions of cords i love to just listening on music and in hidef with zero problems!
Im a the only one that love my new wonderfull system?
Johan
I have a single phantom at the moment and just ordered a second and dialog. I also am coming from a larger and more complicated system with music server, dac, preamp and Geithain RL930k active monitors. I am very happy with phantom sound. I agree with some of the feedback about Spark features, but mostly I just use the optical input and control everything from a mac. It's really good. I also have been enjoying streaming stuff from Soundcloud which is a pretty low-res service. THe old system did not like this at all! But the phantom is very kind to low res as well as being outstanding with hi-res. I appreciate that a lot.

I might add that I bought a single phantom with a plan to use it in the kitchen as a secondary system. But I have been convinced to go ahead and get a second one and try them as my new main system.
You are not the only one who just enjoys his Phantom. I am enjoying my Phantoms every day. Everyone who visits me is amazed at the detail, richness and clearity of the sound.

Some people may have troubles and this will always attract more attention than the majority who sits quiet . But over the last months we have seen:
-improved stability
-improved, more precise volume controls
-improved Spark app with better performance
Soundquality has ever been as good as it gets (top, high-end quality).
My 2 Silver Phantoms with Dialogue arrived the same day the update was available. As soon as I hooked up, everything updated by itself and it took a bit longer than I thought.

But once it was done, everything was smooth. App on iPad, iPhone as well as Mac work as intended. Responsive as you would expect normally The Spark App on the Mac has found all my music and playing music from Spark App is simple too. TV Optical out is connect to the dialogue and it works fine with auto sensing. No hissing, atleast that I can make out from a meter away. I tried with my ear close to one of the phantom and it was quite.

Also, tried bluetooth from Mac to one of the phantoms but the sound was cutting off every now and then. However it was stereo though connected to one Phantom. 

All in all a pleasant and enjoyable shift. I was coming from B&O Beolab 9 and the B&O were noisy / hissing like crazy relatively when no music was played. Oppo BDP-105D was the source. B&O were even picking up the cellular signal noise sometimes and the dealer told me that it was because of the RCA cable connected to the active speaker which must be acting as antenna. I am glad to move on to Phantoms!

My setup has

ADSL box --> Apple Time Capsule (in the listening room Via Ethernet) --> Dialogue (Ethernet Cable) --> Wireless Phantom 
Apple Time Capsule has its own network and all the Spark app devices are connected to the Apple Time Capsule (I guess Double NAT situation) and everything works seamless!

Dialogue smells and feels very hot. Phantoms are quite warm as well.

SQ, as every one else is experience awesome! No coloration and huge / tight bass.

I am just reposting the above thread as it appears to be more relevant here  Smile
Devialet Expert Pro CI 220 + Marantz SR7013 | Kef Reference 201/2 R200c E305 E301 (5.1.4) |
Marantz Consolette |
Hello

NOoooooooooo you are not the only one happy by this fantastic system

It's so nice and so convenient and overall the sound quality is fantastic... yes, few issues with spark.. but easy solution on a updates... maybe today...

I strongly believe that even other people in this chat who are expressing some negative views about the Phantoms are also HAPPY costumers/owners... They just want more from a premium product... They are lobbying for more from Devialet... and I believe that Devialet will listen and improve the product...

I'm so happy with my three silver Phantoms... This is the only time I have spent some cash in the steoro system and my wife is happy...

No more cash to spend on speakers cables and interconnect etc... and other unecessary equipment... I'm now looking to sell two of my 3 sonos Zone player to keep just one that I could play in all my phantoms...

No your are not the only happy phantom owner

Cheers
 Angenet. 
  5 Silver Phantoms (2 stereo and 3 solo in 3 rooms). 4 Raspberry Pi 3b with Hifiberry digi + boards connected to four Phantoms. 1 Dialog with Airplay, Roon Lifetime Membership for perfect group play. Qobuz sublime, Tidal Hifi,  1 NAS Qnap tS-210 Pro. Location: West Yorkshire, UK.
Im also very happy with my system, got my two silver phantoms and dialog monday this week and it sounds awesome.
Had some troubles with the setup, the left phantom didn't want to be stroked on his head Tongue but somehow i managed to pair it with the dialog and get along.

The sound is perfect for me, i love the extreme bass resolution, this kind of resolution in the lower region is sick, and even more crazy when you think about the size... You have 2x6 liters boxes playing.

It juts puts a smile on my face every time i play something, i love it Smile
-- Devialet 200 / Duevel Planet's / USB to Win10 laptop --
Previously owned: D250 and Silver Phantom Duo.
nice to see a lot of happy buyers!
I use Phantoms every day as well, almsot with eveything that connects wirelessly. I am very, but very pleased.

Distributors of High-End Audio equipment & accessories & International Exclusive dealers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brands:  HiDiamond, Essence of Music, Crystal Cable, Siltech Cable, VertexAQ, Audeze, Musical Fidelity, Wilson Benesch, Cardas Cables, Sennheiser, MusicalStones, Klutz Design. Acoustic Preference, Dynaudio, PS Audio, Ayon Audio, Dan D'agostino and many more Smile
Cosmosound Technologies (www.cosmo-tech.info)
eshop: www.echosaudio.net
Streaming Tidal to my 2 Silvers now at 60 volume and lovin' them. They friggin rock! Dayum Smile
Just got mine 2 silvers 

IMMENSE!!

Have replaced 5k of floor standing speaks (MS Performance 6LE) and 4.5k of amps (MF 2 box pre , and 2 550W monos) 

Firstly - the sheer bliss of getting all that floor space and cupboard space back!!!! Thats the biggest reason I went for it

Secondly - the presentation of sound is of course different, as any new system will be. But there is no better or worse about it - just different. Certainly in the same league - and far too close to say if one is "better" or not. Maybe the old system wins on treble and separation sometimes, maybe this one wins with bass and mid range attack. then on an another day maybe the other way round Smile All so close.

But for all the benefits of size, wirelessness, ease of use (and looks Smile) - its an absolute winner, no 2 ways about it. A few tiny glitches - but on-line Devialet support talked me through a reset, and a few other questions immediately. 

And all the fuss about the volume remote? Just use the App no? Seems perfect to me - even if the actual phone buttons aren't so subtle - swiping is very delicate

And other technical issues here and there......who ever tried to sort an issue out with a phono cable that came unsoldered, or a valve that blew, or distortion on one channel and trying to trouble shoot the fuck out of it just to work out which box or cable was to blame!?

Some people like that though - thats part of the hobby. And some people like fine analysis of every fine detail of the sound and compare everything to everything - and again that's part of the hobby they enjoy. 

If you are looking to buy new - £ for £ definite no brainer  - what amp and full range speaker combo could you get for £3k new?? 

And even buying second hand bargains at 1/3 of RRP - £ for £ you really have to demo these and weigh up the pros and cons. Soundwise - you will always get pros and cons comparing any system - its all so personal. 

But if you just want it to just sound in the same league, and be done with it - then for me there is no doubt!

Amazing - will post some pics and a bit more of a rant about how pleased I am in another thread one day Smile
Oh and forgot to say am also playing my vinyl set up through it.......seems to work really well Smile