Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
One happy customer
Forums need like buttons like facebook!
Hi
Could you share what you are using to convert phono to Toslink ?
I've been considering to do that but couldn't find many single box options. There are quite a few phono to USB AD converters - but for now USB on Dialog is inactive - the only one I found with a Toslink output is Chordette Dual MC phono stage which I find a bit pricey at €1,227
Cheers
PH

(18-Sep-2015, 16:29)Jamington2004 Wrote: Oh and forgot to say am also playing my vinyl set up through it.......seems to work really well Smile
(18-Sep-2015, 17:47)Phs Wrote: Hi
I've been considering to do that but couldn't find many single box options. There are quite a few phono to USB AD converters - but for now USB on Dialog is inactive - the only one I found with a Toslink output is Chordette Dual MC phono stage which I find a bit pricey at €1,227
Cheers
PH

(18-Sep-2015, 16:29)Jamington2004 Wrote: Oh and forgot to say am also playing my vinyl set up through it.......seems to work really well Smile

There's a thread here

Phono to optical
I too am a happy new owner of a pair of (white) Phantoms.  They replace an  a conventional amp and floorstanders which cost more.  No issues so far (after 12 hours of listening).

I am using Bluetooth from an iPad and an optical link from my Sonos system with music stored on a NAS.  All my music is in ALAC format.  Hopefully with a later update I shall be able to stream directly from my NAS to the Dialog. 

The performance of the Phantoms is beyond my expectations; beyond what I thought was possible with a home HiFi system.
(18-Sep-2015, 17:47)Phs Wrote: Hi
Cheers
PH

hi PHS - I spent the whopping great sum of £21.95 at expro direct on one of these :

CAB40205-LK
Ex-Pro AV-Pro Analogue Stereo Audio to SPDIF Digital Converter [Stereo Left/Right RCA Phono to SPDIF TOSlink/Coaxial]

Give them a call they are really helpful - and I also picked up an £20 optical switcher so I can connect everything to the dialogue and have no cables trailing to the Phantoms Smile
Thx for the tip !
I also use an optical splitter picked on Amazon. It works seamless Wink
PH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm also full satisfied with my two Phantom Silver and Dialog. Before I had B&W XT4 floorstanding loudspeakers and top high-end Thule PR350BV preamp and Thule PA350B amp with Supra Sword cables (About $11.000). I almost pull the trigger with a Devialet 200 and B&W 804 Diamond, but then I heard the news last christmas about the new speaker from Devialet. I though it was exactly what I was looking for, so I sold my all my Hifi and preorder the Phantom Silver and boy, I have not regret it. I couldn't be happier Smile The sound is perfect for me with the bass, charity, clean, open sound Big Grin I may buy a 3. Phantom Silver for center, when it will be updated to DTS/Dolby.
Just got my second Phantom up and running. Holy crap!! So good!! I did not expect that.

Even just on Mac Mini through wireless spark the sound is just amazing. Very low noise floor, superb dynamics, imaging and space. And the bass goes low but is not bloomy, it just stays strong as the volume climbs up. But actually it is very balanced at moderate volumes too.

Two phantoms is more than twice as good as one
More than twice as good? Objection, Your Honour! For me its more like 150% more amazing. Having revisited my classic D120-based system for the last month - after 4 months with two White phantoms on stands - I've come to realise that the treble is not as detailed as that from the ribbon tweeters in my £1K loudspeakers (partly true for midrange too). Unfortunately, I also cannot live without the awesome, controlled Phantom bass any more, so I've developed a hybrid arrangement where the Phantom takes over the bass below 80Hz.
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
(23-Sep-2015, 13:22)JohnnySix Wrote: More than twice as good? Objection, Your Honour! For me its more like 150%...I've developed a hybrid arrangement where the Phantom takes over the bass below 80Hz.

Ha ha! I won't quibble on the maths. Interesting solution on the crossover...how have you implemented that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk