Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
One happy customer
Totally agree on your comment on mids and treble
What are you using for your hybrid set up ? MiniDSP maybe ?
Do you manage to have perfect phase ?
Thx for sharing !

(23-Sep-2015, 13:22)JohnnySix Wrote: More than twice as good? Objection, Your Honour! For me its more like 150% more amazing. Having revisited my classic D120-based system for the last month - after 4 months with two White phantoms on stands - I've come to realise that the treble is not as detailed as that from the ribbon tweeters in my £1K loudspeakers (partly true for midrange too). Unfortunately, I also cannot live without the awesome, controlled Phantom bass any more, so I've developed a hybrid arrangement where the Phantom takes over the bass below 80Hz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(23-Sep-2015, 13:22)JohnnySix Wrote: I've developed a hybrid arrangement where the Phantom takes over the bass below 80Hz.
Wouldn't you buy a better subwoofer for less than the cost of two Phantoms?...
I use JRiver to output to D120 USB and Phantom Dialog optical simultaneously. I have to delay the D120 stream by 153ms to put it in sync with the Phantom. It seems to work for most of the time. I use the Configurator to roll off the amp below 80Hz (6dB/octave). The Phantom is a better sub than any other of similar size! However I still use the Phantom as a full playback source when I'm out of the room; in that capacity it sounds almost the same as my "big rig".
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
I've just setup my 2 silvers and dialog a couple of days ago.

Listening to a wide variety of music, but I'll tell you... Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the moon with your eyes closed at about "60" volume is simply amazing.

The only real issue I've had so far is the current (to be fixed?) disappoint of not being able to use the speakers for a 2.1 or surround sound system with the TV (because of the inherent lag of the optical connection and the lack of the software update).  The Dialog does run "hot" - which may be a future concern about reliability.

The Spark app on the iPhone and iPad is slightly better than the Mac software.
I actually like the interface much better than iTunes.

An expensive system (for me), but it will definitely last a long time, with a solid upgrade path, and breathtaking sound quality.

'cheers
Big Grin
(26-Sep-2015, 18:06)brantrocky Wrote: The only real issue I've had so far is the current (to be fixed?) disappoint of not being able to use the speakers for a 2.1 or surround sound system with the TV (because of the inherent lag of the optical connection and the lack of the software update).

I certainly hope it will be fixed else the Phantoms would be useless to me.
They NEED to be fixed on this lag matter.
This thread is about happy customers!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
Stating the obvious, but
DHL delivered a single silver PH the other day (48 hours from france to sweden)
What to say?
in a word: Sublime!
The ominidirectional spread is wonderful, the bass and frequency separation is wonderful
Clean, clear and as loud as you could ever want,
very very happy,
if there is anyone else out there who is considering a phantom, go for it.
I'm considering it. I want it. But, couldn't buy them yet.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Dear happy customers, how would you think the Phantom compare to a full Sonos set-up consisting of a paired couple of Play 5s and a Sonos Sub? Price is basically the same.
Set aside the software side of the thing where probably Sonos is much better. Sound quality opinions only.

Thanks,

Vanni
A pair of silver phantoms will sound better in every respect, in my opinion! Not sure about a single phantom - it is good but having two phantoms makes the sound and stereo imaging incredible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk