Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom/Dialog update 1.4.0.5
What are the changes, anyone knows ?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
New features Dialog only:
- Added support for Favorites on Tidal, Deezer and Qobuz
- Bluetooth Phantom only: Information about the playing track over bluetooth is now displayed on Spark

Fixes
- Fixed an issue leading to vanished play queue
- Fixed an issue leading to optical input not playing
- Fixed an issue leading to setup failing
- Fixed an issue leading to multiple entries for the same optical or bluetooth source in the playqueue
- Fixed an issue leading to lost volume control capability from the remote control
- Fixed access to album information for Qobuz track in the play queue
- Fixed an issue preventing playback Qobuz track when Hi-Res option was selected
- Fixed an issue leading to the loss of Tidal, Deezer or Qobuz sessions and a few other bug fixes and improvements
How do you know that?
Is there an official list written somewhere?

(just to know for next time)
Ok just updated/downloaded.

here's hoping it fixes my optical input problems as that was a dealbreaker!!
(23-Sep-2015, 19:54)fgueho Wrote: How do you know that?
Is there an official list written somewhere?

(just to know for next time)

Email I got from Devialet
Just got this email from Devialet:

Quote:Dear friends,

PHANTOM keeps getting better. A system update is available today. It will bring you even more serenity and new features you have been waiting for. With this new release, you can now add your favorite tracks to TIDAL, Deezer, Qobuz straight from SPARK.

We are also continuously improving your SPARK experience. The list of improvements is long, we are sharing it with you below.

To do the upgrade :
1/  Download SPARK 1.3
2/ SPARK will display the PHANTOM internal upgrade screen and guide you through two easy steps.

Download now

Release note Devialet OS 1.4:

New features Dialog only:
-  Added support for Favorites on Tidal, Deezer and Qobuz
- Bluetooth Phantom only: Information about the playing track over bluetooth is now displayed on Spark

Fixes
- Fixed an issue leading to vanished play queue
- Fixed an issue leading to optical input not playing
- Fixed an issue leading to setup failing
- Fixed an issue leading to multiple entries for the same optical or bluetooth source in the playqueue
- Fixed an issue leading to lost volume control capability from the remote control
- Fixed access to album information for Qobuz track in the play queue
- Fixed an issue preventing playback Qobuz track when Hi-Res option was selected
- Fixed an issue leading to the loss of Tidal, Deezer or Qobuz sessions and a few other bug fixes and improvements

Release note Spark 1.3:

New features
Mobile only ( iOS / Android )
- Added onboarding screens
- Added feedback gathering in Spark
- Added autoscroll when dragging items in the play queue
- Added autoscroll when dragging group in other bouquet

Improvement
Mobile only ( iOS / Android )
- Added current rooms indication on all panes Windows and Mac
Desktop only
- Removed splash screen to improve startup time
Windows Desktop only
- Disable sleep when local content is streamed Fixes
iOS only
- Fixed crash when streaming some track from iOS devices
- Fixed an issue disabling the ability to switch between online music services account
- Desktop/Laptop only ( Mac / Windows )
- Fixed an issue preventing playback of local tracks
- Fixed an issue leading to floating album artwork and a few other bug fixes and improvements
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
"Fixed an issue leading to optical input not playing"

Testing this one right now, it's been plaguing me for a while - had to keep my player's optical output on all the time to prevent the Phantom from going to sleep and never activating optical in until I did a power cycle...
Finished my tests: no fix for the issue I'm experiencing:

If I switch off my audio player (squeezebox classic connected through an optical cable), then the Phantom's "Play/Pause" button on Spark goes to "Play" right away, indicating it's not getting a signal from its optical input, which is to be expected. If I switch the player back on right way, then the button becomes "Pause" again, as it should, and sound plays. But if I leave the Phantom sleeping for a couple of minutes with the squeezebox off, then the optical input never resumes again when I turn the squeezebox back on - I have to power-cycle the Phantom to be able to use the optical input again, very annoying.

Is this something others have experienced? Anyway, the latest firmware does not fix the problem...
Well it has not fixed the issue with the Dialog optical input reversing the left right channels. Still happens, in as little as 20 mins it will swap. Have not done exhaustive testing yet to work out whether its random, or if it does it at exactly the same time every time. I suspect the latter.

Butuz is sad Sad
Also, I am still having serious trouble if I don't leave the phantoms and dialog on all the time. I turned it off last night when I went to bed, turned it on when I came home from work. I am stuck in a software nightmare tonight, it sensed the "left phantom optical input" and played sound, but the spark app on my android wouldn't connect, so I power cycled the dialog and then the spark app on android woke up and gave me control, changed the volume up a bit and through nothing further of it. Now, I've booted my PC which has all the music ripped, load the spark app on the PC, and lo and behold, prompted for the spark setup form scratch, again. Yet my android spark app was conncted and able to control input and volume!!!

So, some deep breaths, and several reboots later, I now have the app working on both android and PC, BUT I can't play any music off the PC, you scroll, albums, pick album, add al tracks, yet it won't play, it shows as playing, but nothing is happening, pause doesn't work, it's stuck on play, With no sound playing. I can swap between optical inputs and change volume, just not play music.

Tearing my hair out now. I don't need this in the evening. My music relaxes me after work. IT support does not relax me but that's all I've been doing since I spent £3500 on the phantoms. Going to power the whole f** house down, and start from scratch.