Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom/Dialog update 1.4.0.5
I just got home after a short holliday, and upgraded my phanthom. I have been very happy, and mine has been absolute silent, no hiss or noise from the speaker at idle. BUT after the upgrade it is now a noticable hiss coming from the phanthom.

I have read that a lot others have had this problem, and i was so happy to have gotten a good sample. Anyone else noticed this so it could be a software issue, or is the unit faulty........

best regards Lars
(05-Oct-2015, 19:13)Gaustabl Wrote: I just got home after a short holliday, and upgraded my phanthom. I have been very happy, and mine has been absolute silent, no hiss or noise from the speaker at idle. BUT after the upgrade it is now a noticable hiss coming from the phanthom.

I have read that a lot others have had this problem, and i was so happy to have gotten a good sample. Anyone else noticed this so it could be a software issue, or is the unit faulty........

best regards Lars

Oh, no....

I plan to setup mines this coming weekend...

I'm going to have to ask Devialet support what to expect...
Hhm. Has been a while since 1.4.0.5 was released and then pulled. Has anybody "sources" when to expect the next firmware update? Apparently I am on 1.4.0.5 and I also encounter this Left/Right phase shifting as well as sometimes loosing me Left Phantom. Did not check the Left Right via Optical though.

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)
(08-Oct-2015, 21:41)seb Wrote: Hhm. Has been a while since 1.4.0.5 was released and then pulled. Has anybody "sources" when to expect the next firmware update? Apparently I am on 1.4.0.5 and I also encounter this Left/Right phase shifting as well as sometimes loosing me Left Phantom. Did not check the Left Right via Optical though.

Devialet promised me that an update was coming this week. Might not be before sunday, but should be this week. No major features this time. Only small bug fixes that came with the last update that was pulled. He assured me that everyone would get notification of the new update even if you updated the one that got pulled shortly after release. Hopefully they are planning to release a major update soon. I am really awaiting Spotify integration since that is the only streaming service I use and want to use. By the way I would like to add that I finally received my Phantom remote. Much easier to set the volume now. Even with the new (progressive) volume controls they put in last time. Wondering how long the batteries last though since I suspect they are using bluetooth connection between the remote and the Phantoms.
no the are nog using the Bluetooth for the remote

(08-Oct-2015, 21:41)seb Wrote: Hhm. Has been a while since 1.4.0.5 was released and then pulled. Has anybody "sources" when to expect the next firmware update? Apparently I am on 1.4.0.5 and I also encounter this Left/Right phase shifting as well as sometimes loosing me Left Phantom. Did not check the Left Right via Optical though.

Devialet promised me that an update was coming this week. Might not be before sunday, but should be this week. No major features this time. Only small bug fixes that came with the last update that was pulled. He assured me that everyone would get notification of the new update even if you updated the one that got pulled shortly after release. Hopefully they are planning to release a major update soon. I am really awaiting Spotify integration since that is the only streaming service I use and want to use. By the way I would like to add that I finally received my Phantom remote. Much easier to set the volume now. Even with the new (progressive) volume controls they put in last time. Wondering how long the batteries last though since I suspect they are using bluetooth connection between the remote and the Phantoms.
(09-Oct-2015, 08:14)Johnnydev Wrote: no the are nog using the Bluetooth for the remote

Do you know what the conection is then? It seems to be causing interference with my bluetooth keyboard. That is why I thought it might be bluetooth.
(09-Oct-2015, 08:50)eibet Wrote:
(09-Oct-2015, 08:14)Johnnydev Wrote: no the are nog using the Bluetooth for the remote

Do you know what the conection is then? It seems to be causing interference with my bluetooth keyboard. That is why I thought it might be bluetooth.

My phantoms are without Bluetooth and the remote works perfect. Maybe then bij wifi?
I have tried to reset my system numerous times after the latest firmware upgrade based on your recommendations.  Power cycle off, wait ten minutes, close all open Spark applications, plug Phantoms directly into outlet, push reset button three times, open Spark, restart process and finish setup.  I have done that three times today and it still cuts out (no sound) when I turn the volume up to around 70.  First one Phantom stops playing, then the next one stops, then the  playqueue goes blank.  This has been going on for two weeks.  I have tried this procedure at least 6 times.  Such beautiful product that doesn't work.

I think I'm done... Unless they can get this to work correctly, I want to return everything!  I'm open to trying something different but this is not a good customer experience.  They sound great when they work, the problem is they don't work that much at high volume.  It has taken way too much of my time.  This problem was not happening before the latest firmware upgrade.  
(10-Oct-2015, 20:59)G2man Wrote: I have tried to reset my system numerous times after the latest firmware upgrade based on your recommendations.  Power cycle off, wait ten minutes, close all open Spark applications, plug Phantoms directly into outlet, push reset button three times, open Spark, restart process and finish setup.  I have done that three times today and it still cuts out (no sound) when I turn the volume up to around 70.  First one Phantom stops playing, then the next one stops, then the  playqueue goes blank.  This has been going on for two weeks.  I have tried this procedure at least 6 times.  Such beautiful product that doesn't work.

I think I'm done... Unless they can get this to work correctly, I want to return everything!  I'm open to trying something different but this is not a good customer experience.  They sound great when they work, the problem is they don't work that much at high volume.  It has taken way too much of my time.  This problem was not happening before the latest firmware upgrade.  

I know its really frustrating and not what you want to hear, but why don't you wait until the next firmware upgrade?

Based on what other said, I never went with the latest upgrade to 1.3 and I'm happy as 'Larry'.

You know its a good product, but in a year or so time, you might be kicking yourself that you didn't stick with it.
Hi
It look for me that your problem is probably more on your network side...
Have you tried the total reset method as shown below? If no, please try it...

Review your network configuration... Flush your dns etc... And start from scratch..

And follow the following steps.

Unplug the ELECTRIC cable of following products: Phantom, Dialog, Internet router, WiFi router or Airport.
After everything is unplugged please WAIT 30 SECONDS.
Then, replug the devices in FOLLOWING order:
1/ Internet router, wait that it’s COMPLETELY started
2/ Airport or other wifi router, wait that they are COMPLETELY started
3/ Dialog. Wait that the white light becomes stable white. Press 3 times on the white light. It should blink. Wait that the white light becomes stable white.
4/ Your Phantoms. Once plugged, press 3 times on the button of their back. You should hear the sound of a snap and the ears should wiggle. If not, press again 3 times on the button until your hear the sound of a snap.
5/ Wait that the Phantoms are „singing“
6/ Start Spark app and follow EXACTLY the steps shown on Spark
7/ If you have a remote, you can connect it now
 Angenet. 
  5 Silver Phantoms (2 stereo and 3 solo in 3 rooms). 4 Raspberry Pi 3b with Hifiberry digi + boards connected to four Phantoms. 1 Dialog with Airplay, Roon Lifetime Membership for perfect group play. Qobuz sublime, Tidal Hifi,  1 NAS Qnap tS-210 Pro. Location: West Yorkshire, UK.