Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SoundStage! Ultra
Here is an Aug. 1. 2014 review of the Devialet base unit with the Magico Q7 speakers.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
Well that was a decent review...
Wow. That's almost a teeny bit over the top!
(31-Jul-2014, 11:58)Rufus McDufus Wrote: Wow. That's almost a teeny bit over the top!

I wonder what the reviewer would have made of the 800?!

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Wooohaaa !!!

He really felt in love with Devialet…!!! A 120 on Q7's !!!

And as Guillaume said, what would it be with a 800, or even a 400 ???!!!
(31-Jul-2014, 14:43)darthsteph Wrote: And as Guillaume said, what would it be with a 800, or even a 400 ???!!!

There would probably have been no artical at all, because his head would have exploded before he could start writing.
(31-Jul-2014, 17:49)Confused Wrote:
(31-Jul-2014, 14:43)darthsteph Wrote: And as Guillaume said, what would it be with a 800, or even a 400 ???!!!

There would probably have been no artical at all, because his head would have exploded before he could start writing.

Yes!!! Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
haha cool story, looks like he's hooked like we are! Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
I think we can expect a full review of 400 or 800 from Fritz very soon...
Thinking about it, there are not many reviews at all (maybe none?) beyond the 170 / 200, the original D-Permier excepted? Perhaps a good thing, almost every time I have auditioned hifi based on reviews, I have come away surprised and baffled about the lack of correlation between the review and what I actually hear. Best (Worst) one ever was the ATC100 active towers in real life vs the What Hi Fi review) It's the oldest advice in the business, but there is no substitute for a decent hifi dealer and your own ears.