Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dialog dead
my dialog started flashing orange this evening, 3 push does nothing... network is up, all in order. Anyone had this happen? How do I get it back to life?

Andreas
Have you pulled the power cable out the back and tried again? IN my experience 3 pushes on the button is not the same as pulling the plug out the back.
I tried everything... Finally got a chat with devialet, they confirmed it's dead and need to be changed. So if anyone get orange flashing or steady orange light the router needs to be changed. It's my third router... I think it's a less quality product probably not built by devialet themselves.
I have had a flashing orange (or maybe red) light on my Dialog, but getting Spark to set-up again solved the problem for me.
(27-Sep-2015, 20:59)andrew_brown Wrote: I have had a flashing orange (or maybe red) light on my Dialog, but getting Spark to set-up again solved the problem for me.

Spark wouldn't see the Dialog when it was orange... and Devialet told me to return the router.
I think in this discussion dialog is being called a router? Dont most set ups have an internet router from which the lan cable goes into the dialog? To be easier to follow a discussion is it better to call dialog "dialog" and keep the term router for the internet router?

It would be great to see some drawings of configuration setups. A typical setup for stereo phantoms with a computer hooked in would be something most would be interested in I would think, as it allows for streaming or computer based music files to be played. For this does one need an optical switch, or not?
Just got this today, the Dialog is blinking "orange" rapidly once a second. It can't be reset or detected by Spark. Have contacted Devialet customer support and will report back. Everything was working fine yesterday, however I did do a factory reset on all systems after being away for a month, as I don't think it was detected.
--
Stereo Devialet Silver Phantoms via Dialog.
Mine was the same so I was told to turn just the dialog off 3 second and on again 7 seconds, repeat 6 times. Then on the 6th time wait at least a minute the light should turn solid white.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OK, the version of this I got from Devialet support (to enter a rescue mode for Dialog) was:

Plug in ethernet cable, and ideally, use a switched power strip to plug in the Dialog.
Turn off power at strip.
Turn off for 3 seconds, then on for 4. Repeat cycle 4 times and see if you get a flashing white light (meaning Dialog is downloading new software).

Anyway, it didn't work for my Dialog and I just received a replacement from customer service. Apart from the box and cords, the Dialog itself looks refurbished, as the white casing is bent upwards where it receives the heat (you can see pictures elsewhere on the board).
--
Stereo Devialet Silver Phantoms via Dialog.