Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Anyone own both White and Silver?
no, the section of the audience that could spot the gain vs perceived improvement was interesting though!

White vs silver is something I'm deliberating though, on one hand it's not a massive jump in cost, at least in hifi terms. On the other hand over a pair of Phantoms it's a lot. The bit that sticks in my throat is the discrepancy between Euro and £'s whereby a silver phantom in France is cheaper than a white here in the UK...

I could use the 45 day offer to buy both and return one, however it seems very wasteful to have something sent all the way from France only to half half the shipment go all the way back again.
(26-Sep-2015, 15:43)angenet Wrote:
(26-Sep-2015, 10:01)MountainGuy Wrote: Wondering if anyone actually own both white and silver, and thus have been able to compared them extensively with the same music, same placement, and same volume.  At the same volume, can you tell any difference?  And what are they? 

Thanks,
MtnGuy

Hi
I really don't understand why would someone try to do that test for you...  The best way will be for you to take the current offer of 45 days risk free trial ..get the two phantoms you need, and test them at you own pace.
(26-Sep-2015, 15:43)I had one white that I bought off eBay, sold it on and bought 2 silvers. The white was brilliant but the Silvers were better still.  Not just louder but better sonically.however I think the whites look classier than the silvers! Wrote:
(26-Sep-2015, 10:01)MountainGuy Wrote: Wondering if anyone actually own both white and silver, and thus have been able to compared them extensively with the same music, same placement, and same volume.  At the same volume, can you tell any difference?  And what are they? 

Thanks,
MtnGuy

Hi
I really don't understand why would someone try to do that test for you...  The best way will be for you to take the current offer of 45 days risk free trial ..get the two phantoms you need, and test them at you own pace.
I fully agree. The whites look a lot classier to me than the silver.

I won't mind a completely gloss deep red either....Smile Instead of painting the bass drivers, they could simply anodize it - would make the drivers a smidgen lighter and the white paint.
I personally prefer the matte finish of the silver though I like the white woofer. Matte finish with white woofer would be my ideal design! And I'd like black

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet phantom with an anodized woofer look nice ! I am waiting for this version

[Image: 86f61eba8280519719cbe897aa9bf4da.jpg]

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
(14-Oct-2015, 23:25)sleach Wrote: And I'd like black
Yes, me too, but in that case they could not be called Phantom anymore, because phantoms are white. Maybe Blackhole, instead? Wink With all the pressure inside it would be a good name too... Smile