Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
120 phonostage now supports MC cartridges
I'm not sure when this change happened, but I was pleasantly surprised to learn that the 120's phono input now supports MC cartridges. It was previously limited to MM cartridges only. This is reflected in the configurator as well as the product page for the 120 on the Devialet website. Very cool that Devialet has added yet another feature for free.
Thorens TD-166 MK II, Intel NUC (Streacom fanless case, Windows 10, Audiophile Optimizer, Roon, HQPlayer and Acourate), HDPlex 100W LPSU, Uptone Regen, Devialet 120, Sonus Faber Liuto, GIK Acoustics Bass Traps
Cool. It was software anyway, so it kinda belongs there.
Devialet just keeps doing this, making features exclusive for the more expensive models first and then later giving it anyway or making it available through an upgrade (I read that also the sub-out will/is become available).

Of course this is nice for the people that bought the cheaper model but not so much for those choosing a more expensive model because they needed that functionality. I think Devialet has shown to be very unreliable in this regard over the past time, since releasing the 110,170 and 240 models, which was even worse for the D-Premier owners...

If and when in the future Devialet makes available new hardware I'd be interested in I'll probably wait for a very long time before spending any money.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands