Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air and OSX EI Captain, your feedback here
I'm not sure if it's just a lucky day, but, it looks like DevialetAir with the latest OSX EI Captain 10.11 is very stable on my side. This is the FIRST time I have something that is so stable after so many test though I downloaded stuff at the same time too, so my network was pretty busy at the same time. Other one test it too and observe the same thing ?

- MacMini late 2012, 8gigs, OSX 10.11, headless
- Latest version of DevialetAir, Ethernet mode, with 1000ms buffer size
- Airport Extreme, latest model
- itunes with hires tracks only, 24/192.
- icloud is off

MacMini > Roon  > D220pro > NAIM Naca5 > Dynaudio Special 40
Well funny thing is last Saturday I needed to use AIR because I was doing measurements and the USB cable for the mike was not long enough to go from Mac Mini next to D400 connected via USB to my sofa position.

So with the Devialet using wireless via apple Extreme, I used my 2015 Macbook Pro to run the measurements sending the best signals to the Deviate vis Air running on my Macbook Pro running El Capitan also via wireless (but 802.11ac on the Macbook)

It worked flawlessly throughout the test for 30 minutes. Have not tested further since then but will try again this weekend with the Mac Mini and use AIR rather than USB. We will see I have not had a great deal of success with AIR and 24/192 files.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Here, no improvement with El Capitan.

Same problems with AIR (WLAN or ETH).
There is a problem running El Capinan with Audio USB . (No sound)
It looks that there is a bug with USB Core Audio .
So in case you are mac users and using USB as output device be aware of this bug.

Air (Ethernet is working fine )!
Devialet 400, 
Ayon Raptor S
Townshend maximum super tweeters
MAC mini ,Amarra +IRC .
Digital -Telos Audio Gold Reference MKII ,
Speakers:Analysis plus Clear Oval
Power :Graditech - Voima 1

Still have cracking with AirEthernet, more subtle, but still there, and very irritating experience. I put back my trusty USB again. Haaaa! what a relief. More I test this Air, more I'm very sensitive to those cracking noise, and now I can't just tolerate a single one, even one per hour Angry .

@windler, I use Jriver (or itnues), with Devialet USB Audio 2.0, and don't have any problem at all that you have.I can suggest to do a fresh re-installation to resolve your issue (backup you personnal datas/setting before), you can make a fresh installation with a USB key with DiskMaker (note that I'm not affiliate to them at all, just put the link to simplify searching)  http://diskmakerx.com/

MacMini > Roon  > D220pro > NAIM Naca5 > Dynaudio Special 40
I still have the occasional stuttering with El Capitan, however the behaviour is slightly different.
It does not last as long, but occasionally duplicates some samples.
The error being logged on the console when it occurs is also different from what it use to be on Maverick and previous systems.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(04-Oct-2015, 14:59)Magagne Wrote: .... More I test this Air, more I'm very sensitive to those cracking noise, and now I can't just tolerate a single one, even one per hour Angry .

You shouldn't have to! Not one per hour, day, week, month or year! Maybe I'd accept one per year.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(04-Oct-2015, 12:20)windler Wrote: There is a problem running El Capinan with Audio USB . (No sound)
It looks that there is a bug with USB Core Audio .
So in case you are mac users and using USB as output device be aware of this bug.

Air (Ethernet is working fine )!

Workaround that solve the USB issue is to delete user profile (Or create additional ) .
Devialet 400, 
Ayon Raptor S
Townshend maximum super tweeters
MAC mini ,Amarra +IRC .
Digital -Telos Audio Gold Reference MKII ,
Speakers:Analysis plus Clear Oval
Power :Graditech - Voima 1

I am fortunate in that it is working fine via USB using Mac Mini running El Capitan and Roon.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Air via wifi and/or ethernet appears to be working for me but only for redbook or lower quality streaming. Anything higher results in white noise or some other nonsense within the first track.

Also, for roon i have no issues other than I can't use "exclusive mode" via wifi which I think is essentially like streaming redbook quality as well.

It's a shame cause I like the sound. I have an aurender which is awesome, but there is something about using the Air to stream on some tracks, like acoustic or guitar music that really sounds great.
Devialet 400 <> Revel Studio 2 <> Auralic Aries-Diskstation NAS <> Palmer 2.5 Turntable w/ Koetsu Black