Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digital 75ohm BNC to XLR input (AES/EBU)
(19-Nov-2015, 01:49)Stigmater Wrote: Miro, so if I understood correctly, you took 75ohm cable with XLR adapter and connect master and slave ?

Yes, that is what I did.

And you have to change your configuration files, so that the connection from master to slave will be from RCA out on the master to the XLR in of the slave.

Works tremendously!
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket
On Sunday I'll get my adapters that I ordered , one RCA to XLR to connect master and slave , I'll use Stealth Varidig (800$) 75ohm SPDIF cable [patent-pending impedance matching design]
The second is BNC to XLR that I'll use to connect my Linn ADS , now using simple BNC to RCA adapter on Vertex cable, 75ohm as well. I hope everything will work.
Devialet 800| B&W 802 Diamond | JL 113 | Linn Akurate DS + Denon HEOS for Spotify | Stealth Reverie speaker cables| Audioprana AES/RCA | DH LABS PC 
I got my adapters and I have to say that most segnificant benefit I hear on connecting my Linn ADS with BNC to EBU input instead of BNC RCA as it was.
Devialet 800| B&W 802 Diamond | JL 113 | Linn Akurate DS + Denon HEOS for Spotify | Stealth Reverie speaker cables| Audioprana AES/RCA | DH LABS PC 
Interesting way to Connect the Linn ADS to the Devialet. Can you describe how the connection BNC -->AES/EBU sounds better in your ears than BNC --> Coax?
i think , and its only assumption , the bass is more tight , in overall after a couple of days with new connection its sound OK - so i'm happy .
To connect master to companion on my D800, I use a custom D-110 AES/EBU digital interconnect made by DH Labs (www.silversonic.com). It's got an RCA connector on one end and an XLR on the other. Sounds great. $99 + shipping for 1m. Just email them an ask for a custom D-110
(16-May-2016, 03:12)muski Wrote: To connect master to companion on my D800, I use a custom D-110 AES/EBU cable made by DH Labs (www.silversonic.com).  It's got an RCA connector on one end and an XLR on the other. Sounds great. $99 + shipping for 1m.

Yes this is what I use with my D400's! Great company to deal with, I bought my speaker cables from them as well. Highly recommend them as very honest and straightforward folks.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US