Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insuring Phantom against theft
Hi
Has anyone manage to insure the phantom against theft etc...

If yes, can you point me to the best insurer for this item...

My home insurer is killing me with the high cost...

Thx in advance

Angenet
 Angenet. 
  5 Silver Phantoms (2 stereo and 3 solo in 3 rooms). 4 Raspberry Pi 3b with Hifiberry digi + boards connected to four Phantoms. 1 Dialog with Airplay, Roon Lifetime Membership for perfect group play. Qobuz sublime, Tidal Hifi,  1 NAS Qnap tS-210 Pro. Location: West Yorkshire, UK.
I wonder if Devialet can see where a speaker is if its played with a dialog, or at least from what IP?
I laugh at the idea that once a thieving blaggard gets it home, he won't have a clue what it's called or how to turn it on. I had to claim accidental damage on mine recently. Included in my £50K home contents insurance.
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
Hi Johnny. Did your home insurance honour the claim? Who. Are you insured with?
Spotify -> JRMC-> PS Audio Perfectwave MkII-> Event Opal ->  Smile
Yes, but they insisted on trying to get it repaired first... No chance. The insurer was Aviva... If you're in the UK. It was in the last week of my policy with them!
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
I do wonder if Phantom is linked to the web for the auto updates where Devialet can indeed track the serial numbers. THis could be very useful for theft prevention - or at least to deactivate the theft.

Anyone asked Devialet?
Thanks Johnny. I've been finding it hard to find a reputable insurer I can trust with my audio and video gear! Everyone has bad stories whenever a claim is lodged
Spotify -> JRMC-> PS Audio Perfectwave MkII-> Event Opal ->  Smile
They could do a "find-my-phantom" app and if your gps tracks it to the miscreants home push the button on the app to "turn-up-to-105spl-non-stop-playing-slip knot"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk