Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will this work?
I heard some people having bad experiences with AE. For me it always worked fine but keep in mind that I use it with Ethernet cable and only for Airplay meaning that the wifi router function is disabled.

(05-Oct-2015, 22:20)patekswiss Wrote:
(05-Oct-2015, 08:58)Phs Wrote: Agree with you using BT is a shame on a high end speaker since BT is using audio compression ( SBC, AAC or apt-X )
One easy option - if you are iOS or MacOS user - is to hook an Apple Airport Express to the optical input of your Phantom using a mini Toslink to Toslink cable.
You can then use Airplay - which is a lossless transmission - and totally for get about Spark, because now you can use any of your usual music apps.
That's what I do and this totally change the experience Smile

(04-Oct-2015, 21:26)patekswiss Wrote: AAs far as I've been able to discern, if you use a laptop you need to use the Spark application. This is a bit like having to buy Ford gasoline if you buy a Ford car. If you want the Phantoms to be source independent, you need to use Bluetooth. This is a real shame for a speaker that is being sold as an ideal transducer for high resolution audio, but current Bluetooth is good enough that it actually sounds ok. Devialet has designed Dialog as a generalizable multi room system, when they should IMHO be optimizing it first for two channel listening in a single room.

I will look into that. I've had such bad experiences with Apple Airport that I hadn't considered that option, but its a very interesting approach. If I could use Audirvana (DSD) or even Google Play Music (it plays FLAC!), I'd be in heaven.

Thank you!