Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automation system with Devialet
Has anybody done RS232 configurations with Devialet Expert?

I am considering Control4, so that my better half can press one button to watch TV (the few times she is allowed outside the kitchen)..   Big Grin

Has anybody got any experience?  After setup, is it working problem free?
Devialet 400 - Bowers & Wilkins CWM8.3 - Bluesounde Node2
It worked perfectly for me for 2 years , straight forward string commands , nothing was odd. I disconnect my control system a while ago and I don't know if any of the version effect it's 232 behavior
i use RTI, but ive got a driver for it so i didnt have to use the commands but it does work perfectly.
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
(12-Oct-2015, 01:17)completeluxury Wrote: i use RTI, but ive got a driver for it so i didnt have to use the commands but it does work perfectly.

As long as you stick to the old command set.   New functions are only manageable via the remote.  They are not accesale via rs 232.
correct...

luckily for me i only need to change the input selection and control the volume.

the ONLY reason i do it at all is because my listening room is also the theatre otherwise i wouldnt connect it to the automation system at all.
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
(12-Oct-2015, 01:17)completeluxury Wrote: i use RTI, but ive got a driver for it so i didnt have to use the commands but it does work perfectly.

i lost my rtf files for devialet and can't make it work anymore, can you send me your rti files so i can copy paste the commands
thx
We install lots of Control4 systems with Devialet's - works great.
Ok solved the problem, I had to change the DEVIALET command to Devialet , that fixed it
(15-Feb-2016, 11:25)Martyn Wrote: We install lots of Control4 systems with Devialet's - works great.

Ok. To say the least, i am intrigued. I work in a HiFi store, and the company I work for has been doing Control4 for a long time. Unfortunately all the gear I can bring back home to play with, is pretty dated Undecided

Could you POSSIBLY help me control my Devialet Expert Pro amp via 232 knowing i posess a control 4 controller and have to rely on COMPOSER 1.7x  ?

Pretty pretty please <3

yours
Kriss