Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Melco users out there?
Demoed the Melco N1A last night and liked it, however one or two issues there was occasional dropouts. Dealer put this down to the app and he is looking into this for me.
Used the Lumin app and after a track started the music stopped for about two seconds. Anyone who uses the Melco had any experience of this?
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(20-Oct-2015, 11:46)Womaz Wrote: Demoed the Melco N1A last night and liked it, however one or two issues there was occasional dropouts. Dealer put this down to the app and he is looking into this for me.
Used the Lumin app and after a track started the music stopped for about two seconds. Anyone who uses the Melco had any experience of this?

Hi Womaz, I don't own a Melco but did have one on extended home demo in the past. I didn't experience any dropouts.

It sounds like some sort of UPnP control point issue to me which I'm sure can be resolved. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Yes the dealer thinks it was because we did not rest the app, as I already had experimented with it prior to him coming.
I think he is asking Melco for some guidance.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Well initial feedback is that Melco think it is quite possibly my router..........close to giving up Big Grin
Hi Womaz, I feel for you...

Can't you connect a USB drive to it?

Regarding control app, you should give bubble DS a go, when I was using Jplay I purchases an android tablet just for this app, I think it is really good, I haven't tried the lumin so if it is better I do not know, but I my opinion it is superior to the Linn offerings

Best of luck

Morten
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark
(20-Oct-2015, 16:13)Morten Wrote: Hi Womaz, I feel for you...

Can't you connect a USB drive to it?

Regarding control app, you should give bubble DS a go, when I was using Jplay I purchases an android tablet just for this app, I think it is really good, I haven't tried the lumin so if it is better I do not know, but I my opinion it is superior to the Linn offerings

Best of luck

Morten

Hi Morten

Connect a USB drive to what?
I am not so sure the app is the issue as I think most Melco users use the Lumin app. To me the appjust meeds to work. I tend to listen to an album at a time and stick it on shuffle play......most will be able to do that. If it is my router all apps will have the same issue i would imagine
Just to add the Melco was connected to the 200 by USB. The issue seems to be the I pad controlling the Melco
To the Melco, then don't use the NAS?

Br Morten
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark
The NAS was not being used. The music was already on the Melco. So not a streaming issue I would imagine.
Sorry, it has the HDD in the Melco itself...

But I saw this on the homepage

" The Playlist can be stored either on N1 (Mode 1) to allow the playlist to be maintained even if the App is out of contact,or the Playlist is stored on the App (Mode 2) when the App requires it. Please see compatibility chart."

It was perhaps worth a try?

Br Morten

Denmark