Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digitizing Vinyl with your Devialet 120/200/250/400/800
(21-May-2015, 01:25)mangolego Wrote: Hi everyone ! I am having hard time to set the USB jack as an output. Anyone can help me.

Thank you

I don't think any configuration is required.  If you connect the Devialet to a host computer (with appropriate audio class drivers) via USB it should appear automatically in the list of available audio input devices.  At least, that was my experience using v7.1 firmware and a Mac.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Same on a v8 firmware & Windows 8.1 : the devialet just appeared as USB line in device.

Dedicated Intel 2600k JRiver :: 1000Pro :: Vivid Audio Giya G2
Main Workstation :: 220Pro :: B&W CDM1 SE
I think this is symptomatic of the fact that certainly some people seem to think that the Expert series are as easy to use/ set up as a transistor radio. Unfortunately you do not get this sort of functionality without requiring a certain amount of knowledge and the ability to try something without being given a to x instructions, I think the clue is in the name.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
This may be a really dumb question, but can you record vinyl to a computer using the Devialet Air feature and not USB?  I ask this because I notice with Audacity that one of the device selections is Devialet Air.

If a USB connection is required, my next question would be whether one could use a virtual cable.  For example, you can download for free the VB-Audio Cable, a Windows audio driver working as virtual audio cable. According to the manufacturer, "thanks to its Multi-Format Audio Engine, VB-CABLE can be used without any configuration! Ready to work with all audio applications using MME, KS, DX, KS or WASAPI interfaces."

I have not yet connected my turntable to my Devialet 200, so plenty of time to figure record options.  Thanks.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
(11-Dec-2015, 21:30)Flashman Wrote: This may be a really dumb question, but can you record vinyl to a computer using the Devialet Air feature and not USB?  I ask this because I notice with Audacity that one of the device selections is Devialet Air.

If a USB connection is required, my next question would be whether one could use a virtual cable.  For example, you can download for free the VB-Audio Cable, a Windows audio driver working as virtual audio cable. According to the manufacturer, "thanks to its Multi-Format Audio Engine, VB-CABLE can be used without any configuration! Ready to work with all audio applications using MME, KS, DX, KS or WASAPI interfaces."

I have not yet connected my turntable to my Devialet 200, so plenty of time to figure record options.  Thanks.

Hi Flashman,
Nope, it is only the USB port you can use. Assuming the 'wireless' USB adapters work seamlessly, you can probably use this method, but you need to be sure you have enough bandwidth - 96k x 24 bits = over 2Mbit/second.
(15-Dec-2015, 20:54)Jens Wrote:
(11-Dec-2015, 21:30)Flashman Wrote: This may be a really dumb question, but can you record vinyl to a computer using the Devialet Air feature and not USB?  I ask this because I notice with Audacity that one of the device selections is Devialet Air.

Hi Flashman,
Nope, it is only the USB port you can use. Assuming the 'wireless' USB adapters work seamlessly, you can probably use this method, but you need to be sure you have enough bandwidth - 96k x 24 bits = over 2Mbit/second.
Thanks for the feedback, Jens.  Quite clear now!
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
(15-Dec-2015, 21:02)Flashman Wrote:
(15-Dec-2015, 20:54)Jens Wrote:

Hi Flashman,

Flashman: Better still than USB SQ-wise is to configure a SPDIF out and bring that into the computer, via an interface.
(17-Dec-2015, 18:22)Mohmm Wrote:
(15-Dec-2015, 21:02)Flashman Wrote:
(15-Dec-2015, 20:54)Jens Wrote: Hi Flashman,

Flashman: Better still than USB SQ-wise is to configure a SPDIF out and bring that into the computer, via an interface.
Mohmm, I will try that!
Why can't you configure one of the RCA connections for Digital out and use that to record an LP?
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
(08-Aug-2014, 18:51)Eddye Wrote: If you use Audacity, follow the instructions in Devialet document: http://en.devialet.com/assets/pdf/bi-dir-tutorial.pdf

The instructions PDF in the link above now seems to be missing / dead / broken.

Does anyone know where another copy exists or other instructions?