Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Increasing my Wifi signal
I did all of the above, except the Bluetooth heading was not there. A lot of other things like 802.11d , bandwidth etc, but not bluetootth.
There was however bluetooth options when i clicked on the network adapters.
I have however unchecked the "device to save power" box. I will try and use AIR this morning as working from home to see if it improves.

Thanks again
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
where the bluetooth options are in network adapters, right click on them and click disable on however many are there.
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
Ok I have now done that too. I never use the bluetooth function so this should not affect anything else?

I didnt even know I had it
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
it comes as part of your wireless adapter. this wont affect anything at all if you dont use bluetooth.
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
(23-Oct-2015, 09:25)completeluxury Wrote: it comes as part of your wireless adapter. this wont affect anything at all if you dont use bluetooth.

Did not even know I had it Big Grin
I will probably replace AIR with the Melco N1A if it works flawlessly so the lap top will be out of it, but if not then AIR will remain my main playback facility.
Working from home this morning so will experiment with this. Usually get 20 mins to 1 hour max when lap top is in kitchen before the white noise so we will see. However I even got the white noise last night when lap top next to router. I was breaking in new headphones and left the Dev on with AIR. Got up this morning to the white noise Smile

Thanks for your help with this and I will let you know how it goes
its good to be able to choose either air or the melco if possible Smile

just out of interest because i havent read it - whats actually wrong with the melco?
(23-Oct-2015, 09:54)completeluxury Wrote: its good to be able to choose either air or the melco if possible Smile

just out of interest because i havent read it - whats actually wrong with the melco?

For some reason the Melco had dropouts on certain tracks, like for two or three seconds and always about 3 or 4 seconds into the track.
So this is where no PC involved. i think it was a set up problem as was only an hour demo.
Update - it lasted just over an hour before the dreaded white noise. Big Grin
Thanks anyway. I am moving away from a PC based solution for sure now, so hopefully the Melco will be OK at the next attempt
OK further information
When I am using AIR in living room and lap top goes to sleep say after 10 minutes inactivity , when I touch the keypad or mouse to go on it again the music cuts out then too. Only for a second or so. Think this backs up the theory of lap top the issue and not the router?
i think so.

i think when its waking up the process does "something" that either causes the wifi to reset quickly to verify its on, or the resources involved cause a very momentary spike that causes the skipping