Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't expect customer service from Devialet
... they just want you're money.

It's a shame - I requested a refund of my 2 x silver phantom and dialog based on the fact that there were existing problems with my system and then the 1.3 and 1.4 firmware updates had completely broken the stereo playback ability of my phantom system.

1. I have to leave my devialet kit on 24/7 or it would lose it's settings and I would have to run the spark set up every time - I've had this since day one
2. The optical input on the dialog keeps swapping left and right channels round every now and again.  Swapping input or turning it off and on fixes it temporarily but then it does it again.  This was introduced in 1.3
3. On all inputs including streaming from spark PC, the speakers go temporarily out of phase/sync for a 3 second period, every 10 minutes or so.  This was introduced in 1.4 and is really ***ing me the  f** off the most.

So based on the above, a stereo pair of phantoms are literally not fit for the purpose of portraying a stereo image from any input.  I.e it's broken/faulty whatever you want to call it.

Devialet way of dealing with the above (once they'd exhausted the normal troubleshooting procedures was, and I quote. "European law says that for every order made on internet, you have 14 retraction days. Since you made your 2 orders in MONTH and your refund request in MONTH, we can not refund you."

Feels great to pay all this money to be a software tester.  Usually software testers get the equipment for free, and get paid for testing.

I won't be buying anything else Devialet ever again, I'll probably be going back to PMC at some point as they look after you like their life depended on it, and anyone who asks me will be getting the reasons why.   I guess that'll teach me for buying French kit.

I've thought of the ideal slogan for this company..  "We've got your money, now f**k off"
This very sad to hear. Have you ever tried to let them repair them? A refund is one thing, guarantee another. There a clear rules regarding such matters.

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/sho...dex_en.htm

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)
It does seem clear that this is Devialets weekest point - very poor customer service and promising before they can deliver.
For one i cannot understand why the branch stands are still not available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry you have been having a bad experience. I think I've been lucky with mine so far. I haven't had any dealings with Devialet HQ but I must say I've had exceptionally good service from the distributor here in Australia.
I have to say I have been very patient and more flexible than usual because of how damn good they are!

Are you 100% sure you have done the FULL RESET? I thought I had been doing it but my system was crashing every day or 2

I then realised I had not followed the instructions to the letter - and since doing a full reset I have no more total crashes

However I am still experiencing minor problems which are becoming more and more irritating:

Volume drops all the time to 35 on optical into dialogue like it thinks I have changed input

On Spark via iPhone one channel or the other drops for a second over a short period, every now and again - but it doesn't escalate to the point of crashing anymore which I keep expecting it too.

I am pretty sure it does the channel switching but I need to get a couple of tracks out that I know really well to test properly and haven't the strength right now

Spark has asked me to restart set up a couple of times in the middle of listening to music - and then I have been unable to locate dialogue or phantoms without doing a 3 press reset of both

I am not at the point of complaining yet - but they do seem to be getting less enthusiastic about hearing from me.

My latest case was closed with a note that an engineer will get back to me about a report - but I haven't ever heard back about any of the reports I sent?

Fingers crossed for the next update!!!!! Smile
This is so bad to hear ... Over promise, under delivery and now denial. What a stupid behavior towards early adopters like we are ...
If happy we're supposed to be the brands best ambassadors.
Devialet disregards user experience from day one in many ways, this is just another example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes it lets them down badly and I think they get away with it because the products sound awesome. I have not heard the Phantom , I have had a 200 and I believe the advert to be misleading. I am currently awaiting a phone call from one of the management team to discuss my issues.
We say customer service......I think it could be just one person. Certainly all of my correspondence comes from one person.

I believe their lack of respect for their customers will ultimately cost them. This is a shame as it is a great brand and we all want to see it flourish as it will benefit all of us.
I think too many people let them get away with over promising and then not delivering what is advertised. I for one have made the decision to fight my case in whatever way i have to.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
These problems sound very familiair to me. I've been in contact with Devialet for months about several problems. As one of the first to receive the 2 Silver Phantoms and a Dialog I've had to deal with:
1. Hiccups at start of a track (now solved for the most);
2. Hissing noise coming from both Phantoms (still present);
3. Dialog hardware problem (recall to Devialet);
4. 'Lipsync' Delays (mostly solved);
5. Losing connections to Phantoms frequently (still present). If not used for a couple of days, most of the time connection is lost to 1 of the Phantoms. Only a full re-setup solves it.
6. No integrated Bluetooth for early adopters (more as a side note, because I did not buy the Phantoms with BT and can live without it).
7. Spark problems with connecting to Dialog. This happens a lot when using my phone and walking outside of Wifi-range and then back in after e.g. 20 min. It looks like my phone is overruling the actual playlist/volume, but is for some reason lagging behind. This totally messes up volume control and playback and can even result in needing to fully redo the setup.

For me the instability (5) and hissing noise (2) are the most annoying. Devialet admits the hissing is still present but can't give a definite date for a fix. So my suggestion was to return the products and wait it out until these problems are fixed. But, they won't go along...
Devialet 250PRO - Audio Physic Avantera - AIR-ETH - Roon
I was about to purchase 2 Phantoms to use in stereo setup, but in the end decided to wait. I read too many stories of problems, where by "problems" i mean things like being unable to listen to music for more than 15 minutes without hiccups, not exactly a small issue. It's beyond unacceptable on a 4k eur setup, its honestly ridiculous. I can only imagine explaining to my wife that our new 4k system is not able to stream for more than 15 minutes without us needing to set it up again...

I'm sure they'll sort it out, but my guess is it will take months / one year. As much as i love how they sound...i want them to actually work before buying. My plan is to listen to music, not demo them for 10 minutes.
(22-Oct-2015, 08:33)Womaz Wrote: Yes it lets them down badly and I think they get away with it because the products sound awesome. I have not heard the Phantom , I have had a 200 and I believe the advert to be misleading. I am currently awaiting a phone call from one of the management team to discuss my issues.
We say customer service......I think it could be just one person. Certainly all of my correspondence comes from one person.

I believe their lack of respect for their customers will ultimately cost them. This is a shame as it is a great brand and we all want to see it flourish as it will benefit all of us.
I think too many people let them get away with over promising and then not delivering what is advertised. I for one have made the decision to fight my case in whatever way i have to.

I think the problem here is that the people in charge (Calmel and the other founders + the new investors) have "protected" themselves by creating the support organisation. In general I get polite answers from support but very little happens when I suggest something. There seems to be a high threshold for getting through to the ones with decision power, be it programmers or leadership. I do not think it is the people at support that is "difficult". If Devialet continue on this path too long it will be costly for them.
And I do not think the programmers at Devialet are clever enough to deal with the complexity. If they where the AIR problem would be sorted a long time ago. And most of the other issues as well...
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB