Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D200 companion issue
hello friends,

I am trying to help a friend and we have the following issue:

The Slave Software Version was 8.12 while the Master is 8.13.  I updated the Slave to version 8.13 and I can now get sound from both speakers, always, in both Dig2Dig and Dig2AES modes.  But in Dig2Dig mode, I can’t get a signal from any Slave source. However, in Dig2AES mode I can configure Digital 2 (which is identified as Sub in Dig2AES mode and as Digital 2 in Dig2Dig mode in the Configurator) in both the Master and Slave as Preamp Output Mono and hook headphones to Preamp Mono left channel(Master’s Digital 2) and Preamp Mono right channel(Slave’s Digital 2) and get sound on my HE6 headphones in both channels.  But in Dig2Dig mode if I configure the Slave’s Digital 2 as a Digital input, I can’t get a source signal when I select it.  It shows up on the Display as ‘Digital 2 S’ (S for Slave) in an orange-brown color (no signal) rather than white (signal).  Also tried Slave USB and Line 1 with the same result: no signal.  So I’m still working on getting Slave source input signals in Dig2Dig mode

I configured the Devialet 400 as a digital 1 to digital 1 connection using the cable that came with the Companion.
I configured the Master with the following inputs: Digital 2, USB, WiFi and Ethernet.
I configured the Slave with the following inputs: Digital 2 and USB.
All Master source inputs work properly when each source cable in attached, i.e., the display window shows the source selected in a white color indicating that a source signal is present and sound is heard.
No Slave source input works: I get no signal when I attach a source digital cable to Digital 2 (indicated by orange/brown colored Digital 2 S) and I get no signal when I attach a USB cable to USB (indicated by orange/brown colored USB S). If there were a source signal, Digital 2 S and USB S would be colored white in the display window when selected by the source button on the remote and sound would be heard.

Any help while I do load the dp_cfg files onto another system, would be much appreciated.
thanks in advance,

Distributors of High-End Audio equipment & accessories & International Exclusive dealers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brands:  HiDiamond, Essence of Music, Crystal Cable, Siltech Cable, VertexAQ, Audeze, Musical Fidelity, Wilson Benesch, Cardas Cables, Sennheiser, MusicalStones, Klutz Design. Acoustic Preference, Dynaudio, PS Audio, Ayon Audio, Dan D'agostino and many more Smile
Cosmosound Technologies (www.cosmo-tech.info)
eshop: www.echosaudio.net
Have you connected the trigger cable? And also selected "use inputs from companion" in the configurator?
(26-Oct-2015, 20:22)Confused Wrote: Have you connected the trigger cable?  And also selected "use inputs from companion" in the configurator?

trigger cable was not included in the box (somehow). Yes did use the inputs yes

Distributors of High-End Audio equipment & accessories & International Exclusive dealers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brands:  HiDiamond, Essence of Music, Crystal Cable, Siltech Cable, VertexAQ, Audeze, Musical Fidelity, Wilson Benesch, Cardas Cables, Sennheiser, MusicalStones, Klutz Design. Acoustic Preference, Dynaudio, PS Audio, Ayon Audio, Dan D'agostino and many more Smile
Cosmosound Technologies (www.cosmo-tech.info)
eshop: www.echosaudio.net