Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slave Inputs
(10-Aug-2014, 14:00)theaudioguru Wrote: Thanks for the advice guys.
Mike, my 200 originally took about 500 hours to burn in fully.The slave sounds better out of the box but maybe the other monoblock is masking it. The 400 has immediately brought more bass and greater space.
F1eng, I'm interested in the trigger cable also, could you give some more details.
Thanks
Audioguru

Funny, I estimate that my D200 also took 500 h to burn in. I think you're right about the 'masking' as I had the same impression.
/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
I wrote miniature stereo jack plug cable (both ends) what I meant was miniature stereo jack to miniature stereo jack, to be more conventional in nomenclature, sorry.
The connectors are the same as the miniature jacks on headphones ⅛" (I think) TRS rather than the standard ¼" TRS
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(11-Aug-2014, 19:45)f1eng Wrote: I wrote miniature stereo jack plug cable (both ends) what I meant was miniature stereo jack to miniature stereo jack, to be more conventional in nomenclature, sorry.
The connectors are the same as the miniature jacks on headphones ⅛" (I think) TRS rather than the standard ¼" TRS

I think you mean the plugs that are commonly referred to as "3.5 mm stereo mini jack".
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(11-Aug-2014, 19:45)f1eng Wrote: I wrote miniature stereo jack plug cable (both ends) what I meant was miniature stereo jack to miniature stereo jack, to be more conventional in nomenclature, sorry.

and the cable in-between? plain old copper?
(12-Aug-2014, 05:38)colonel66 Wrote:

Probably, it usually is in cables.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

My understanding is that the quality of the cable is not significant; it is an analogue stereo 3.5 jack to stereo 3.5 jack. However you do need to take care that the surround of the plug is not too bulky otherwise it won't plug in fully to the master as it fouls the bottom lip of the casing.
(12-Aug-2014, 15:04)oxfordaudio Wrote:

My understanding is that the quality of the cable is not significant; it is an analogue stereo 3.5 jack to stereo 3.5 jack. However you do need to take care that the surround of the plug is not too bulky otherwise it won't plug in fully to the master as it fouls the bottom lip of the casing.

thanks for the reply - its just that i am confused as to what cable (optical/copper) it is - because it plugs into an optical input
The Configurator does seem to show this, a black link appears between the trigger socket on the primary D250 and the optical/RS232 socket on the companion. The optical/RS232 socket on the primary is configurable for either, and I guess that RS232 will be electrical rather than optical. This socket is not configurable on the companion, perhaps it is configured automatically. So it does look like an electrical cable. I hope I find out soon - I have my D800 upgrade on order.
(12-Aug-2014, 15:17)colonel66 Wrote:

thanks for the reply - its just that i am confused as to what cable (optical/copper) it is - because it plugs into an optical input

yes one end does plug into an optical input but the cable to use is a standard analogue cable with 3.5mm stereo jack on both ends but remember my warning about the plug outer not fouling - some 3.5mm plugs have a larger body than others; this seems to be a problem on the 400 rather than the 800.
(12-Aug-2014, 19:05)oxfordaudio Wrote:
(12-Aug-2014, 15:17)colonel66 Wrote:

yes one end does plug into an optical input but the cable to use is a standard analogue cable with 3.5mm stereo jack on both ends but remember my warning about the plug outer not fouling - some 3.5mm plugs have a larger body than others; this seems to be a problem on the 400 rather than the 800.

thanks for clarifying and the tip - have 800 (upgraded DP)