Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slave Inputs
(12-Aug-2014, 15:17)colonel66 Wrote:
(12-Aug-2014, 15:04)oxfordaudio Wrote:
(12-Aug-2014, 05:38)colonel66 Wrote:
(11-Aug-2014, 19:45)f1eng Wrote: I wrote miniature stereo jack plug cable (both ends) what I meant was miniature stereo jack to miniature stereo jack, to be more conventional in nomenclature, sorry.
The connectors are the same as the miniature jacks on headphones ⅛" (I think) TRS rather than the standard ¼" TRS

and the cable in-between? plain old copper?

My understanding is that the quality of the cable is not significant; it is an analogue stereo 3.5 jack to stereo 3.5 jack. However you do need to take care that the surround of the plug is not too bulky otherwise it won't plug in fully to the master as it fouls the bottom lip of the casing.

thanks for the reply - its just that i am confused as to what cable (optical/copper) it is - because it plugs into an optical input

The connection is a dual one at one end, electric and optical, but electric only at the other as far as I can see. That is why I asked Devialet what cable to use and, as I reported, they told me a miniature jack to miniature jack which is an electrical cable.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Does anyone know what the full function of the trigger cable is?
It tells the master which direction the music data is coming from. If the slave inputs are in use the slave ADC and/or DAC are used and the digital link is working in the "opposite direction" to when the master inputs are in use.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

I have recently purchased a D250 slave. It works ok but I have a problem with trying to use one digital input in the slave. The link cable is connected, I have double checked that it is to the correct sockets, (lower socket master, upper on slave) The link cable is connected via the two digital SPDIF's. Turn on the master, the slave turns on, scroll through the inputs, they run in sync. However, if you select the digital input from the slave (digital 2), the slave simply turns off. Chaining input is selected, share sources from slave is selected. All other inputs work fine, it is just when I select the digital input from the slave, the slave shuts down. The link and digital cable are as supplied by Devialet.

By the way, tried a second link cable as a double check. Same result. However, it makes no difference if I disconnect the link cable, I'm beginning to think something faulty here....
Hi Confused,

We had the same problem at first when trying to use the inputs on the 400 with the slave amp turning off and becoming unresponsive until turned off. In the end, after much head-scratching, it was a case of the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable fouling on the Devialet's casework. I shaved down the housing on a basic jack lead and everything worked fine afterwards.

If you are able to make it down to the event today, let me know and I will look it out for you.

Regards

Alasdair