Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spark - volume defaults to 70
I've noted when I start a new sessions or resume an existing session the volume defaults to 70 on the scale - was caught out by it once and now have to check every time - Question is can I set a default, as I can with my Expert?

Have looked at settings but nothing obvious. Steve.
Down under (NZ)
- System-1: MacBook Pro running Spark / Roon | D200 | TMC Gold Reference Speaker Cables | USHER CP-8571-D
- System-2: MacBook Pro running Spark | Dialog | Phantom Silver

Short answer: no.

Does it do this for all sources? Mine defaults to 35 on spark and optical but 70 on Bluetooth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks sleach - I noticed it when using my Apple Mac with Spark - I've disabled Bluetooth in case this is playing a part, I then re-booted my laptop then relaunched Spark and noted the default was 40 - while re-booting I launched Spark on my mobile which was set at 47 which I then reduced to 40 and closed the app on my phone and returned to my laptop. I re-launched Spark and noted it was 40 and the same as Spark on my mobile. I then closed Spark again, turned Bluetooth back on and re-launched Spark to find it was back to 70, suggesting Bluetooth running in the background is effecting Spark - will monitor over the next few days and run some more tests. Steve.
Down under (NZ)
- System-1: MacBook Pro running Spark / Roon | D200 | TMC Gold Reference Speaker Cables | USHER CP-8571-D

I am a new Phantom owner and also encountered this behaviour with bluetooth connections. Glad I'm not the only one as I thought it was some weird issue with my system.

I'm able to see this every time I connect my bluetooth devices.

Not sure if this has been sent to Devialet as a bug...I believe it is. I'll send feedback to Devialet and reference this thread.
(01-Jan-2016, 21:21)kameraguy Wrote: I am a new Phantom owner and also encountered this behaviour with bluetooth connections. Glad I'm not the only one as I thought it was some weird issue with my system.

I'm able to see this every time I connect my bluetooth devices.

Not sure if this has been sent to Devialet as a bug...I believe it is. I'll send feedback to Devialet and reference this thread.

Sure - in short it is now clear to me that Spark has a long way to go until is can compete with other music management software - have been trialing Roon which is way superior in respect of functionality and stability (undecided which produces superior music reproduction) and have Roon connecting directly to my Expert and to Phantom via Apple TV (it will also connect via an Airport Express though the only way to control the volume is via Spark - a bit clumsy).

I assume Devialet will continue to develop Spark, as this is a key selling point of many purchasing Devialet products so to be competitive they will need to deliver a better product - otherwise I'm very happy with Devialet.
Down under (NZ)