Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who are using vinyl as main source?
Just commented on Amabroks new machine, so nice to see that people are into vinyl.

Well, sadly I haven't come around to upgrade my arm yet even if I had a brief session with a Kuzma 4P some time ago, not sure the 4P is for me.

Munich will hopefully have Chris at Dr. Feickert showing his own arm.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(06-May-2015, 20:58)Mikeeo Wrote: Just commented on Amabroks new machine, so nice to see that people are into vinyl.

Well, sadly I haven't come around to upgrade my arm yet even if I had a brief session with a Kuzma 4P some time ago, not sure the 4P is for me.

Munich will hopefully have Chris at Dr. Feickert showing his own arm.

/Mike

Thanks Mike

I'm really glad i made the move. I have a lot to learn and play with

[Image: 00fdd2bc00153d93c0ebcb5afed990f7.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
Is the analog sounded a lot better than digital music on Devialet?
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

I have loads of vinyl, and a reasonably decent turntable. Does analogue sound better than digital? Well, I have some music on both vinyl and lossless digital. In some cases the vinyl sounds better, in other cases the digital version is better. I think it's all down to the quality of the vinyl, mastering and so on. For example, I have some recordings on vinyl that have noticeably better dynamic range and far less compression than the digital version. However, this has nothing to do with the capabilities of the respective formats, and far more to do with what the idiots responsible for the final mastering do to the poor CD version.
(09-May-2015, 12:35)Confused Wrote: I have loads of vinyl, and a reasonably decent turntable. Does analogue sound better than digital? Well, I have some music on both vinyl and lossless digital. In some cases the vinyl sounds better, in other cases the digital version is better. I think it's all down to the quality of the vinyl, mastering and so on. For example, I have some recordings on vinyl that have noticeably better dynamic range and far less compression than the digital version. However, this has nothing to do with the capabilities of the respective formats, and far more to do with what the idiots responsible for the final mastering do to the poor CD version.
So if you take the idiots out of the equation can you have an umbrella statement that x is better than y ? Or if idiots are out of the equation both x and y should sound the same?
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(09-May-2015, 12:43)amabrok Wrote:
(09-May-2015, 12:35)Confused Wrote: I have loads of vinyl, and a reasonably decent turntable.  Does analogue sound better than digital?  Well, I have some music on both vinyl and lossless digital.  In some cases the vinyl sounds better, in other cases the digital version is better.  I think it's all down to the quality of the vinyl, mastering and so on.  For example, I have some recordings on vinyl that have noticeably better dynamic range and far less compression than the digital version.  However, this has nothing to do with the capabilities of the respective formats, and far more to do with what the idiots responsible for the final mastering do to the poor CD version.
So if you take the idiots out of the equation can you have an umbrella statement that x is better than y ? Or if idiots are out of the equation both x and y should sound the same?

Given the choice I'd take well mastered (>= 24/96) digital over vinyl.  Clicks, pops, inner groove distortion and overall higher noise floor on vinyl annoys me.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Some recordings are better on vinyl and some are better on CD (or hi-res digital). I think that the imperfections of vinyl simply add to the charm. So does having big album art, the ritual of putting on a record and dusting it off. The whole package just comes together and you really get in the mood to sit and listen the entire album. Enjoying and getting sucked in by the music happens much easier to me with vinyl. I do also love my Aurender streamer and probably use it more than my TT, but I tend to skip through the songs much more with digital. For me better or worse between vinyl and CD/digital isn't really a big factor. I enjoy music no matter the source, even on a simple FM radio if there is nothing better at hand.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands