Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grimm LS1
So far these are pretty impressive. I miss some of the things that the GPs do that almost no other speakers (except MBLs) do. But the level of detail on the LS1s, the extension and flatness, and the dynamics are pretty staggering. I realize too that I prefer well-done Class D to A/D in some ways. Although it's hard to tell whether what I like is due to the amps or the dual mono, dual dac setup or the speakers themselves.

One nice feature is that you can plug in a computer via USB and change the settings on the fly (as opposed to via a configurator and card). Also they just added Digital EQ, which I'm frightened to use but it's there.
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

I find them impressive too, both aurally and visually. If you look at the very first mention of Devialet which I can find in an internet forum:

http://www.hifiwigwam.com/showthread.php...-D-Premier

you will see that Mike posted about the D-Premier in March 2011, but recently switched to the Grimms, which he demonstrated at the HiFiWigwam show in the UK.

Nice kit and a valid competitor for those who like quality with simplicity.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
They are nice looking and very well thought out. Putting them together was fun. For the moment it's just the Antipodes and the Grimm. Don't even need the power conditioner.

(04-Nov-2015, 20:56)AaronG Wrote: They are nice looking and very well thought out. Putting them together was fun. For the moment it's just the Antipodes and the Grimm. Don't even need the power conditioner.

Grimm LS1 is a bit of a dream speaker for me. Do you control volume digitally with the Antipodes or do the Grimms have some kind of remote?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(04-Nov-2015, 22:53)sleach Wrote:
(04-Nov-2015, 20:56)AaronG Wrote: They are nice looking and very well thought out. Putting them together was fun. For the moment it's just the Antipodes and the Grimm. Don't even need the power conditioner.

Grimm LS1 is a bit of a dream speaker for me. Do you control volume digitally with the Antipodes or do the Grimms have some kind of remote?

The Grimm has a rather cool remote for volume control and other functions. It's programmable. The downside is that it's connected via a cable, so it's not wireless. I assume this is due to the fact that the speakers come from the studio. Apparently you can use a infrared remote to control the remote, but I haven't figured it out yet!

Nice! And do you have the subs? Post a pic!

(05-Nov-2015, 03:49)sleach Wrote: Nice! And do you have the subs? Post a pic!

I have the subs. I will take photos!