Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
does anyone use subwoofers in their setup?
Hi...I have an 800 setup to push two Maggie 1.7's and a Sunfire True Sub...... Sound great. My only complaint is I am
often varying the crossover and sub level depending on what i am playing.... When set right the soundstage is awesome and it sounds great....M

(01-Jun-2015, 03:58)completeluxury Wrote: Ive been reading the book "Get better sound" by Jim Smith after seeing heaps of positive reviews on it.

in the book it mentions that using subwoofers helps not only the low notes but higher ones too and provides a much bigger soundstage and also that 2 subs should be run one ideally behind each speaker.

So for anyone that doesnt have a woofer in their speakers - who runs subwoofers and how did you feel like it impacted on your system as a whole?
Devialet Expert Pro 1000, Mac Mini, Pure Music, Berkeley Alpha USB to Berkeley Ref DAC,  Aurender n100h, Squeezebox Touch Level Two, Magnepalnar 20.7's,  Chord Signature speaker cables, Synergistic Telsa Digital and USB cables
How soes SAM come into play if you use a sub? I would guess that the SAM profiles assume no sub. . .so are you "undoing" SAM if you run a sub or two?