Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dev vs Linn Klimax Twin power amp
(08-Nov-2015, 07:14)Davyboy Wrote: I used to have a PC, NAS drive into a Linn Majik DS and Perreaux 200i. There was never any issues with white noise just the occasional drop out. Just the same when switching to an iMac and iTunes.
Getting the Devialet 200 the SQ improved slightly especially in the lower freq but then you get white noise. It's not too much of a problem as I get an hour before it happens and switching off and on clears it for another hour.
Fair play, but its not ideal when you have just spent 10k on a piece of new kit...
Dev 220 Pro/ATC scm40/Sony9000es/Roon/Mac Mini/Anthem 720 AVR/ATC C1 Center/M&k Tri-Pols/Sony U800/Sony 65A1
Just want to say THANKS to everybody for answering my questions, its really helpful.
Dev 220 Pro/ATC scm40/Sony9000es/Roon/Mac Mini/Anthem 720 AVR/ATC C1 Center/M&k Tri-Pols/Sony U800/Sony 65A1
IMHO, I can't see the immediate need for a D-400? I owned (as many here) a Linn Klimax Twin and Klimax Solos before and sold it to go with Devialet-200. I still have my Akurate-DSM as I'm used to the handling of streaming music by Linn quality. The streamer can be configured to Devialet either via digital input or analogue. Also the benefit of the room filter are available with the analogue Linn output, while Devialet gives additionally a time correction for the room or SAM for the speakers.
There will come the time when Devialet will have Air in the way that is usable, also the connection to Phantom (but please not in white color) is highly wanted.
My advice would be to go with D-200 and A-DSM and see what the future gives, there is no hurry.
220 Expert Pro - MagicoA3 - Linn Streaming - Linn LP12 Vinyl - DS-Audio 003 - PS Audio PP12 - Uptone EtherRegen - AfterDark Clock - Acourate room correction via Roon - Qobuz
Germany - Hamburg
Jukemark

Ex Kllimax Twin owner here. A D200 was miles better than the Linn at driving my B&W 802Ds. I was shocked at how much I had been missing. The Linn was ditched in double quick time. Be warned though, the D400 is even better still.

I recently heard a pair of PMC 20.26s on the end of a Aurender/D400 setup. Very nice indeed.

SteveO...
GorbeSE/SME 309/DV XX-2 & Roon Rock (NUC) > D400 > Wilson Benesch Vectors
Well guys, I have had a home dem of the 400 and wow! No way is it leaving the house. As an Amplifier it is amazing on the end of my 20.26's, totally blows the Akurate/Naim 250.2 combo away.
The streaming is fine up to CD quality, but it plays up with anything higher. Turns out AIR is not compatible with El Capitan. My dealer is lending me a new Cyrus Reference Streamer for the time being until it is sorted, if I like it I will probably keep it.
Have to say, Devialet have been very helpful in trying to sort Air out. I even had a phone call from a nice lady in Paris to check if all was ok.