Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dialog housing affected by heat
My Dialog housing changes shape due to heat. Devialet support says that this is normal. I just cannot believe this. Does anybody else experienced the same?

(10-Nov-2015, 19:34)nikwest Wrote: My Dialog housing changes shape due to heat. Devialet support says that this is normal. I just cannot believe this. Does anybody else experienced the same?

That's disappointing.  Perhaps Devialet should work with Intel to switch to an Atom CPU which will run cooler and possibly allow for increased capabilities.
Mine runs very hot despite being in a well ventilated location but I have not noticed this sort of thing. I don't leave it on when not listening.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

My dialog never gets more than warm. Interesting differences.
(11-Nov-2015, 03:17)MountainGuy Wrote: My dialog never gets more than warm. Interesting differences.

Hmm. Maybe your Dialog's radio is broken which is why it runs cool and you are having connectivity problems.
Tongue 
(11-Nov-2015, 07:34)AlanD Wrote:
(11-Nov-2015, 03:17)MountainGuy Wrote: My dialog never gets more than warm.  Interesting differences.

Hmm.  Maybe your Dialog's radio is broken which is why it runs cool and you are having connectivity problems.
Yes, I wonder - except I think the wireless goes through the router and not the dialog.  Dialog merely does the processing. That said, I would be glad to have melted housing if I could get stability....Wanna trade?  LOL
(11-Nov-2015, 08:10)MountainGuy Wrote: Yes, I wonder - except I think the wireless goes through the router and not the dialog.  Dialog merely does the processing. That said, I would be glad to have melted housing if I could get stability....Wanna trade?  LOL

As far as I know the Dialog communicates with the Phantoms through at least two different wireless networks, not through your router as long as you're not going all wired.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(11-Nov-2015, 08:10)MountainGuy Wrote:
(11-Nov-2015, 07:34)AlanD Wrote:
(11-Nov-2015, 03:17)MountainGuy Wrote: My dialog never gets more than warm.  Interesting differences.

Hmm.  Maybe your Dialog's radio is broken which is why it runs cool and you are having connectivity problems.
Yes, I wonder - except I think the wireless goes through the router and not the dialog.  Dialog merely does the processing. That said, I would be glad to have melted housing if I could get stability....Wanna trade?  LOL

I could be wrong but I believe the music goes to the Dialog via the router but that the Dialog not only does all the processing but also sends the data to the Phantoms via 2.4 gHz, 5 gHz wireless and ethernet via the mains circuit, whichever has the best signal. In my installation I am sure the ethernet via mains route is the best signal since I only lost all the dropouts and got fault free functioning when I plugged the Phantoms and Dialog into mains sockets which did not have filters. Even though the Dialog was near the Phantoms I believe the main connection it uses is the ethernet via mains wiring rather than wireless.
Unless one has a single Phantom and no Dialog my guess is that the house network is not connected to the Phantom itself at all since in the setup procedure one is only asked the house wireless network name and password for a setup without Dialog.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Mine is warped also exactly the same, I think this needs adressing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Definitely a poor design in terms of heat exchange. It is covered in plastic and vent holes are very small. Dialog metal heatsink gets so hot that I can't even touch it. I doubt the chips and PCB will survive these temps for a long time. I placed dialog on a small box so that the holes at the bottom will let the cooler air in.  I heard that Devialet is already working on a second version.
Remote >> 2x Silver Phantoms << Eth << Dialog UPNP << JRiver MediaCenter 24 - Ubuntu 18.04 x64 [VMWare] << File server - Windows 10 x64 [Supermicro X11SSH-LN4F, Xeon E3-1425 v5, 46 Tb, 16Gb DDR4 ECC]    * Spark is only used to update firmware *