Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Spark improvements
I´m curious to see what sort of improvements you guys would like to see in future versions of Spark. Maybe make a Top 5 list prioritised?

Here is mine.

1. Remove the "empty" view once click Artists. I want to click Adele and go straight into a list of her albums. Not another "click" to go to her albums. I find this completely useless. Is there any use at all here?

2. Ability to create playlists within Spark. 

3. Better coverart quality. Now coverart is compressed way too much, and they don´t force color profile sRGB. I have 1000x1000 cover arts that are sharp and detailed. In Spark or IOS Spark they look like 100x100 compressed thumbnails with wrong colors (on IOS due to colorspace on some of the coverart being AdobeRGB or otherwise). Make it 1000x1000 compression 85% convert sRGB. And Spark and IOS Spark will look lovely.

4. Ability to LOVE or LIKE songs or Albums. And another view in Spark for Loved/Liked music. This way I can easily navigate to "best of the best"

5. Ability to rightclick artist and "Play all"

There are a bunch of other improvements I´d love, but get these 5 nailed first :-) What are yours?
Actually, I would like to do away with Spark altogether for other than setup. For selecting and playing music, why do we need to insert a new interface between the source (e.g., iTunes, Tidal, and locally saved music files) and the speakers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I love Spark. It´s a much better way to access music than say iTunes or Tidal. And as far as I know it´s not required to use Spark to listen to any other source. You can easily use Spotify via bluetooth directly to Phantom, no?

We are 3-4 people in this home, and everyone can easily access Spark on their devices to make changes. No pins, passwords, etc. Just open the app and you have the same access as everyone else. It´s what makes this so simple to use.
(12-Nov-2015, 15:09)hydr Wrote: I´m curious to see what sort of improvements you guys would like to see in future versions of Spark. Maybe make a Top 5 list prioritised?

1. Sort "album artist" when listing by Album. This allows compilations to show up properly.

2. Allow GENRE sorting and FOLDER sorting.

Quote:1. Remove the "empty" view once click Artists. I want to click Adele and go straight into a list of her albums. Not another "click" to go to her albums. I find this completely useless. Is there any use at all here?
Great idea. Any time there is only ONE result (artist being common), it should skip ahead.

Quote:2. Ability to create playlists within Spark. 
Yup!

Quote:3. Better coverart quality.
It's inconsistent. It doesn't seem to open up all of the folder.jpg or cover.jpg files. Beyond 1Kx1K resolution, Spark should be "lazy" and just try to display whatever the dimensions are and downscale as appropriate.

Quote:4. Ability to LOVE or LIKE songs or Albums.
Which gets back to the playlist idea.

Quote:5. Ability to rightclick artist and "Play all"
Yes!

(12-Nov-2015, 15:45)msg Wrote: Actually, I would like to do away with Spark altogether for other than setup. For selecting and playing music, why do we need to insert a new interface between the source (e.g., iTunes, Tidal, and locally saved music files) and the speakers?

For iTunes/Tidal, you can use Bluetooth from your specific source. The advantage of the new interface is switching between OPTICAL as well as locally saved music. There is Devialet Air for the Expert line (which lets us stream music directly from a computer) but it sounds like Spark is still more reliable.
(12-Nov-2015, 16:12)AlanD Wrote:
(12-Nov-2015, 15:09)hydr Wrote: I´m curious to see what sort of improvements you guys would like to see in future versions of Spark. Maybe make a Top 5 list prioritised?

1. Sort "album artist" when listing by Album.  This allows compilations to show up properly.

2. Allow GENRE sorting and FOLDER sorting.

Quote:1. Remove the "empty" view once click Artists. I want to click Adele and go straight into a list of her albums. Not another "click" to go to her albums. I find this completely useless. Is there any use at all here?
Great idea.  Any time there is only ONE result (artist being common), it should skip ahead.

Quote:2. Ability to create playlists within Spark. 
Yup!

Quote:3. Better coverart quality.
It's inconsistent.  It doesn't seem to open up all of the folder.jpg or cover.jpg files.  Beyond 1Kx1K resolution, Spark should be "lazy" and just try to display whatever the dimensions are and downscale as appropriate.

Quote:4. Ability to LOVE or LIKE songs or Albums.
Which gets back to the playlist idea.

Quote:5. Ability to rightclick artist and "Play all"
Yes!

(12-Nov-2015, 15:45)msg Wrote: Actually, I would like to do away with Spark altogether for other than setup. For selecting and playing music, why do we need to insert a new interface between the source (e.g., iTunes, Tidal, and locally saved music files) and the speakers?

For iTunes/Tidal, you can use Bluetooth from your specific source.  The advantage of the new interface is switching between OPTICAL as well as locally saved music.  There is Devialet Air for the Expert line (which lets us stream music directly from a computer) but it sounds like Spark is still more reliable.

I love spark!!!!

Waiting for internet radio (via spark/ devialet)
Folder view is at the top of my wish list. It's just the fastest way to get to the music I want to play due to the way I have my music library set up on my Synology NAS.

Sonos does this pretty well. Even the Sony controller app for their excellent HAP-Z1ES audio player has a fantastic folder view integrated.

Also, fast scroll would be appreciated. I notice that in Album/Artist view/search - the scrolling is rather slow on my phone. It seems faster on my tablet, but still not close to the other apps I mentioned.
Get rid of the bright white screen. I currently use my laptop as a source of files and my iPad as a volume control and selector. In a darkened listening room it's bloody annoying having two bright screens beaming back at me. Need it to be toned down.
A Dark Mode option would be great.
An preset EQ wld be great

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk