Poll: your best digital source
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I don’t know as I only tried one source
6.85%
15 6.85%
disc player/transport via SPDIF
4.57%
10 4.57%
disc player/transport via AES/EBU
5.94%
13 5.94%
Computer via AIR/WIFI
6.39%
14 6.39%
Computer via AIR/Ethernet
28.77%
63 28.77%
Computer via USB
11.42%
25 11.42%
Music server via USB
9.59%
21 9.59%
Music server via SDIF or AES/EBU
16.44%
36 16.44%
Other
5.48%
12 5.48%
They all sound the same
4.57%
10 4.57%
Total 219 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the best digital source
The way air works is great, but how about the sound? with USB connection, is it better and more stable?
I saw the poll lot of guys are having white noise problem, I guess with USB connection it should work perfectly?
I voted "Music server via SPDIF or AES/EBU" but that's because I run my Bryston BDP-2 digital player via the AES/EBU input which (to my ears) sounds better than the SPDIF input or Analog Phono.  BTW, it's also what Bryston recommends for their digital player.

However, I'm sure that if I were to upgrade to the Aurender X100L music server, I would have voted "Music server via USB".
My new SDTrans384 is now by far my best source but I can not change my initial vote to other! Still my CD transports beats any computer implementation.
What are the opinions now regarding wifi/usb/eth in SQ?

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk
I have now given up my CD transport as I ripped all my CDs with my Innuos Zenith II which sounds much better via USB. Still my SDTrans 384 is by a small margin better sounding but it is so difficult to use that it is presently not connected.
I find that Qobuz streaming is sounding as good as ripped CDs (or even better if Hires). I think that is a big change as owning music media in physical disks or digitally is not anymore necessary to get the best sound (as long one has a good internet service)!
I rip all my cd too innuios zen mrk 3 , connect too devialet ,via USB and it Sound very good , use app to control innuos , very easy and for me perfect.
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
Between the three sources I’ve been able to compare ie 1- roon macbook and synology nas via usb, 2- naim Hdx via optical toslink and 3- Rega Apollo via spdif, Rega is a winner, then Hdx quite close. roon/Macbook was so disappointing that I didn’t renew my subscription. I have to admit though that I didn’t take the time to try some tweaking with the roon setup so my opinion should be taken with a pinch of salt. Actually the Hdx is more convenient than any other solutions but I have no clue how to improve the system.
Bruno

Auralic Aries g2.1 / Chord Qutest / CLEARAUDIO Blackmotion - cartridge Clearaudio Virtuoso V2 mm/  /Gryphon Diablo 300 / Blue jeans cable / Apertura Edena Evolution
Another innuos fan. As a source it sounds better than my original mac mini source, particularly with respect ripped CDs. I use ethernet more than the USB connection. They sound about the same to my ears. Waiting for the innuos upgraded USB clock add-on to come out, and I might be a USB convert.
ex-Expert 210 Pro 
My best digital source is my Roon Nucleus, powered using a Linear Power Supply (my own DIY using Choke filtration) & AudioQuest Z3 powercord. The Roon Nucleus is connected to my 440-Pro using AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet in a completely isolated IP address away from the DHCP that the Nucleus streams using my Router. It is Roon RAAT connection. This was possible with the kind help from @David A .

My next best source would be my CEC TL-0X CD Transport with AudioQuest Z3 powercord hooked to my 440-Pro using AudioQuest Diamond AES/EBU XLR. 

The Nucleus source wins over my CD Transport with lower noise levels. My CEC TL-0X CD Transport, Roon Nucleus & its LPSU are on IsoAcoustics OREA Bronze footers.
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
Yet another Innous fan with my music ripped on a Zenith Mk3. I was using USB but have now gone over to Ethernet since Roon came to my 440. It is a direct connection using AQ Diamond Ethernet with Roon RAAT. USB is now used to feed a dedicated headphone amplifier.
Roon Lifetime, Innuos Zenith Mk3, Devialet Expert 440 Pro CI, PMC twenty5.26, IsoTek EVO3 Sigmas Power Conditioning 
Bryston BCD-3, Rega RP10, Aphelion MC, Rega Aura, Sennheiser HDV820/HD820 
AQ NRG-Z3, AQ Diamond Ethernet, ISOAcoustics OREA Pucks, AQ Thunder, AQ Castle Rock, IsoTek Evo3 Optimum IEC, Van Den Hul Interconnects, HiFi Racks Podium Reference Rack