Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon - will this setup work and maximize sound quality?
Interested in Roon. . currently have an Auralic Aries and am generally happy with it but it is limited for discovery, etc. So, thinking of replacing it and doing this:

Headless Mac Mini running Roon
- accessing music on my NAS
- accessing tidal
- connecting to my D200 via Air

Control will be from my ipad using the roon app.

So. . .will this work well? Meaning that I can pick up my ipad and select songs from my library or Tidal and have them play (as my Aries does)? Is the sound quality of Roon via Air the same as Air in general or does Roon do 'things' to the music?

Thanks
Adam
(13-Nov-2015, 18:29)actx76092 Wrote: Interested in Roon. . currently have an Auralic Aries and am generally happy with it but it is limited for discovery, etc. So, thinking of replacing it and doing this:

Headless Mac Mini running Roon
- accessing music on my NAS
- accessing tidal
- connecting to my D200 via Air

Control will be from my ipad using the roon app.

So. . .will this work well?  Meaning that I can pick up my ipad and select songs from my library or Tidal and have them play (as my Aries does)?  Is the sound quality of Roon via Air the same as Air in general or does Roon do 'things' to the music?

Thanks
Adam
Nice set up, but you have to be keen to the fact that Roon on Mac in combination with Devialet Air is not working perfect when its switched to the ''Exclusive Mode''.
I have almost the same set up, except the Mac Mini (have Roon installed on my Windows 8.1 laptop and it works flawless, even with high res. music files)
The soundquality of the Roon - Devialet Air combination is absolutely better then my Moon 180 MiND renderer (with Teddy 12/2 powersupply) linked to the digital AES/EBU connection of the D200. Much bigger soundstage, more ''air'' around vocals and instruments and last but not least no frustrating hick ups or drop outs at all.
Have some plans to create a dedicate Roon server by using a Asus Vivopc with Windows 8.1 or 10 and control it by the Roon app on my iPad.
Amp: Devialet 200 // Renderer: Streacom FC-5 Alpha based audio pc with HDPlex 100W LPS - HDPlex 250W ATX UPS - PPA PCIe USB V2 - Roon Labs core - JPlay - Fidelizer Audio Pro  // Speakers: Kharma 3.2 CE black label upgrade // Active sub: Eton Hexacone 10 '' with Hypex DS 4.0 // Cables: Siltech Explorer 180 L - Acoustic Revive Powermax 10000 + IeGo 8055 - Furutech FP-3TS20 + IeGo 8055 - Acoustic Revive USB 1.OPLS - Belden cat.7 1885 ENH + Telegartner MFP8

Thanks for the reply. . what are the implications of this statement:

"Devialet Air is not working perfect when its switched to the ''Exclusive Mode''."

I understand what it means but are you not using Air and Exclusive Mode or just putting up with issues?

Thanks
Roon can't play music in exclusive mode with AIR for now.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(13-Nov-2015, 21:00)actx76092 Wrote: Thanks for the reply. . what are the implications of this statement:

"Devialet Air is not working perfect when its switched to the ''Exclusive Mode''."

I understand what it means but are you not using Air and Exclusive Mode or just putting up with issues?

Thanks
It,s not working in the Mac - Air set up, but definately works in a Windows - Air set up !
All the Mac users are struggling with this problem, so i.m.o. the only way to go for now is to use Windows for a proper function till this annoying problem is solved.

I use Roon on my Windows 8.1 laptop, but soon want to create a dedicated Roon server by using a new Asus Vivopc with i5 processor, 8 GB RAM memory, and as absolute preference a SSD instead of a HDD disc.

[Image: 16hk8ba.jpg]
Amp: Devialet 200 // Renderer: Streacom FC-5 Alpha based audio pc with HDPlex 100W LPS - HDPlex 250W ATX UPS - PPA PCIe USB V2 - Roon Labs core - JPlay - Fidelizer Audio Pro  // Speakers: Kharma 3.2 CE black label upgrade // Active sub: Eton Hexacone 10 '' with Hypex DS 4.0 // Cables: Siltech Explorer 180 L - Acoustic Revive Powermax 10000 + IeGo 8055 - Furutech FP-3TS20 + IeGo 8055 - Acoustic Revive USB 1.OPLS - Belden cat.7 1885 ENH + Telegartner MFP8

Yes, I left out the crucial thing. Only Mac won't be able to use AIR on exclusive mode. My bad.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

How/where do I enable "exclusive mode"? I don't see it in the air settings? I am working with a windows laptop this weekend for fund.

Also, what are the best settings in Air?
In Roon's Audio Setup.