Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAM disabled yet still says SAM on main display.
As above, am using my old speakers without SAM as they aren't profiled (which is a shame as they'd benefit more than my others).

I disabled it in config but it still says SAM on the display and the Sam % is still at the end of the tone controls.
It doesn't seem to be doing anything toggling it on /off. Seems a bit odd. Maybe it's because the Sam on/off button had already been programmed and I didn't manually disable it after turning off Sam?

Toggling Sam with the remote doesn't seem to make a difference to the sound but there is a short pause like before. I suppose it could be trying to process a 'null' profile?

Just wondered if anyone else had come across this?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Yes, I had a similar problem several months ago. I reported it to Devialet who eventually agreed it was a problem with the Configurator.

What seemed to trigger it for me was selecting a SAM configuration and then de-selecting it before saving the configuration.

The cure was (sadly) to re-build the configuration from scratch.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(14-Nov-2015, 17:46)thumb5 Wrote: Yes, I had a similar problem several months ago. I reported it to Devialet who eventually agreed it was a problem with the Configurator.
….

Thanks thumb5 - nice to see they're keeping up with Configurator bugs…

In your case did it appear that SAM was actually running and doing anything 'wrong'? I don't mind still having the menu option and it on the display, as long as its not causing any harm - as far as I can tell I cant detect a sound change even though it reacts just like it did when it was properly enabled - so I don't think its doing anything. I suppose to be safe I should do one from scratch.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Devialet had a look at my configuration file(s) and said that SAM was "partially activated". I never bothered to get to the bottom of what that meant, since there is no SAM profile for my speakers anyway. I'm not convinced that I heard a difference when I re-built the configuration from scratch and SAM was properly disabled, but it made me feel better.

Devialet said that if the display shows SAM enabled, then it is "doing something" with the effect presumably depending on parameters in the configuration file. If the SAM logo isn't on the display, it's definitely disabled.

Yes, if I were you I'd re-do the configuration from scratch to be sure you've got what you asked for.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK