Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone own Carmel 2?
Any expert ownes that use the YG Carmel 2 or the original Carmel? Is this a good match with expert amps? I've noticed that the Carmel 2 has a  SAM profile, but not the original. Would very much appreciate comments from owners.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
I have the Sonja 1.2 connected to 250. It's sounds very good. I suspect 2x250 will sound much better
Sam should be compatible with Carmel 2, but you can ask YG , they have experience with the Sam software
(18-Nov-2015, 09:35)no32 Wrote: I have the Sonja 1.2 connected to 250. It's sounds very good. I suspect 2x250 will sound much better
Sam should be compatible with Carmel 2, but you can ask YG , they have experience with the Sam software

Oh that  is nice!
You may be right that Le 800 would be better, but I wish Devialet had set up a dedicated link to use between units in mono block mode. Do you use SAM with your speakers? Which firmware are you using on your 250?

I have a 250 myself and the Carmel 2 is on my wishlist. The price is high though. Probably have to buy a new car soon so that will rule out new speakers... maybe the original Carmel second hand.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
firmware 8.13, Mac pro with ssd, avid acutus with shelter 901, sonos , oppo 103 ( mainly for HT) , kimber 8tc. And Wilson watch dog for movies I don't have any issues with air I prefer it over usb or Ethernet & I use it often.

I'm happy. with Sam , it improves when playing loud, big orchestral music.

I'm considering to upgrade to sonja1.3 , but another 250 is more important for me.

Basic Rti remote make the use way easier for us and the rs232 is robust.
I find the Devialet very reliable, never had any issues with it ( it took me time to understand how important is a good wifi setup though)
In the rest of the house we use sonos.

I work from home and get to use the system many hours a day
And I agree car is very important
Hi guys.

As I am sufficiently equipped with cars I am considering a new speaker and among others the latest YG's are on my list.

I wonder if anybody compared the Hailey or Sonja 1.2 with MAGICO Q-series or even with the new MAGICO S7.

After many years with WILSON AUDIO speakers I am considering a pair of Alexias as well but I think it is time to get rid of the sound of ported speakers....

Any comments about this?

In Dubio Pro Audio

Jan
I have maxx3 and Sonja 1.2 , it's totally different product. I prefer the YG by far , re Q I listened to it several times and never liked it btw what cars Smile
http://www.stereophile.com/content/yg-ac...WH4sehM.97

Haven't read it yet. but I thought you might want to.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.