Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brightness update
Yes they recommended
GIK Acoustics 244 Bass Trap with FlexRange Technology

To qoute
It makes a lot of sense using a thicker broadband absorber, as the absorption will be more even over the whole frequency range. With thin panels you will run a risk of a dull sound at the listening position.
Im not saying you can’t go for 242s and you might be happy with it but I would recommend 244s and no I would not change the recommendations especially when you only treat one surface, we want to kill as many reflections as possible as there are still going to be way too many

I did question this as the comments above made me doubt his recommendations, but he clarified and i have to trust him as he knows a lot more than me......fingers crossed -)
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Well it sounds like you did your homework, and yes I would trust them in this situation as well.

Love to hear the results once you get them installed!
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(23-Nov-2015, 20:49)Womaz Wrote: Ok an update for all those who have contributed. I have decided to get 4 bass trap panels for the back wall. A gamble worth taking I think.
….

Following this with great interest Womaz Smile

There's no way I could put bass traps in my lounge, but I'd love to know that it worked for you.

I'm going to go down the DSP route for a bit and see if I get anywhere there. Its the only thing I think I'd actually have a chance with. I ordered a miniDSP UMIK-1 today, and plan to do some room measurements, just to see if what I'm experiencing is actually obvious on a graph. If it is, at least I'll have a starting point and be able to measure my progress. I'm going to try Dirac live.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(24-Nov-2015, 19:05)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(23-Nov-2015, 20:49)Womaz Wrote: Ok an update for all those who have contributed. I have decided to get 4 bass trap panels for the back wall. A gamble worth taking I think.
….

Following this with great interest Womaz Smile

There's now way I could put bass traps in my lounge, but I'd love to know that it worked for you.

I'm going to go down the DSP route for a bit and see if I get anywhere there.  Its the only thing I think I'd actually have a chance with.  I ordered a miniDSP UMIK-1 today, and plan to do some room measurements, just to see if what I'm experiencing is actually obvious on a graph.  If it is, at least I'll have a starting point and be able to measure my progress.  I'm going to try Dirac live.

Then I guess I will be watching your progress with interest too. After a lot of thought and posts on her I decided that the room was probably the biggest issue. It's a jump into the unknown if you like but they arrive next week so we will see.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
http://www.acousticsciences.com/products/tube-trap

A tip for corners
Naim nac-n 272, Naim nap-300, PMC Fact 12, Audience AU24SE power cables, Oppo BDP-103D