Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Original d'Atelier
(16-Jan-2016, 12:47)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(16-Jan-2016, 11:52)Confused Wrote: One question to Guillaume, I presume that the basic effect of SAM with the Sahas is the same with the O'dA, as with the D800?

SAM has never been very dramatic in its effect on the Sasha2 in my listening room, with the O'dA it did feel it was doing a bit more however I don't think I can be really sure until I live with it... 

As you know I sometimes prefer SAM switched off. And then I get back used to it switched on... anyway you get the picture!  Dodgy with some material SAM seems a bit obtrusive and I have had the odd thumps that one or two others have described on the forum. I think it was the Tales of Us Goldfrapp album, can't remember which track now but I know Rufus tested the same piece in his own setup and couldn't hear them. Will be interesting to test this again with the O d'A.

Thinking back on it now, the O d'A seemed to have a better sense of timing and dynamic swings were more effortless and natural sounding. You could definitely sense there being more power. I had some serious hairs on the back of my neck moments. The drummer on Dave Holland's Juggler's Parade (awesome Jazz track by the way!) seemed a bit further back in the room and almost behind the right hand side speaker and the impact of the drums was something else.

Guillaume

Interestingly I have very similar thumps that I heard with Guillaume's D800/Sasha 2's with SAM on (even at 0%) with my D200/Raidhos but different tracks seemed to trigger it. Definitely something not quite right with SAM v2 with my speakers at least and possibly the Sasha 2's.
I listened to the O d'A at OAC when Ian came to pick his new one up.
Ever since I have been trying to tell myself how pointless it would be to change my 800 (actually a pair of 250s) when I mainly use 109dB/watt speakers.
Yesterday I convinced myself that I really did not need one but overnight I weakened and I placed my order this morning.

I am blaming Ian and Guillaume.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(16-Jan-2016, 15:34)f1eng Wrote: I listened to the O d'A at OAC when Ian came to pick his new one up.
Ever since I have been trying to tell myself how pointless it would be to change my 800 (actually a pair of 250s) when I mainly use 109dB/watt speakers.
Yesterday I convinced myself that I really did not need one but overnight I weakened and I placed my order this morning.

Be honest Frank, it was those upgraded cables that you couldn't resist!
(16-Jan-2016, 16:08)Confused Wrote:
(16-Jan-2016, 15:34)f1eng Wrote: I listened to the O d'A at OAC when Ian came to pick his new one up.

Be honest Frank, it was those upgraded cables that you couldn't resist!
more the colour.
If the cables really are fancy maybe I can offset the part-ex cost by flogging 'em off.  Big Grin
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(16-Jan-2016, 15:34)f1eng Wrote: I am blaming Ian and Guillaume.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Seriously Frank you won't regret it.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Cool  finally got it!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Distributors of High-End Audio equipment & accessories & International Exclusive dealers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brands:  HiDiamond, Essence of Music, Crystal Cable, Siltech Cable, VertexAQ, Audeze, Musical Fidelity, Wilson Benesch, Cardas Cables, Sennheiser, MusicalStones, Klutz Design. Acoustic Preference, Dynaudio, PS Audio, Ayon Audio, Dan D'agostino and many more Smile
Cosmosound Technologies (www.cosmo-tech.info)
eshop: www.echosaudio.net
Ooh, so nearly 007!
Please do an "Unboxing Video"! Share the joy to the rest of us who can only dream of owning such an audio masterpiece. Awesome!

(19-Jan-2016, 19:41)Cosmosound Wrote: Cool  finally got it!
I just saw the marketing pictures of the Original d'Atelier internals. Does that show any information we don't have to any of you who know the D250 internals?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-lkOdGRq3u7o/Vl...devat2.jpg
I can only compare with my D200 (I thought the D250 was pretty much the same?) but from memory the Class D board (or ADH all on one board?) in the centre looks quite different. It's screwed down too which is an improvement!