Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy 400 user - upgrade from 200
Did you try D400 with Dynaudio Sapphire for a long time now? Interested to know how they behave...

Distributors of High-End Audio equipment & accessories & International Exclusive dealers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brands:  HiDiamond, Essence of Music, Crystal Cable, Siltech Cable, VertexAQ, Audeze, Musical Fidelity, Wilson Benesch, Cardas Cables, Sennheiser, MusicalStones, Klutz Design. Acoustic Preference, Dynaudio, PS Audio, Ayon Audio, Dan D'agostino and many more Smile
Cosmosound Technologies (www.cosmo-tech.info)
eshop: www.echosaudio.net
(16-Feb-2016, 11:27)Carlos Peixoto Wrote:
(23-Nov-2015, 11:23)elo Wrote: Upgrade from 200 to 400.  Improvement in every aspects.  Really happy!

Congratulations Elo!
I would like to know the external dimensions of black boxes. Could you give this information?
Thanks a lot!

Sorry for the late response Carlos.  However what black boxes are you referring ?
FFYX turntable Soundsmith Boheme Cartridge
Rockna Wavedream Net CD / File player
Devialet 400
Dynaudio Sapphire

(16-Feb-2016, 19:33)Cosmosound Wrote: Did you try D400 with Dynaudio Sapphire for a long time now? Interested to know how they behave...

Dynaudio driven by Devialet is a very good combination.  Especailly when SAM was available for the speaker.
FFYX turntable Soundsmith Boheme Cartridge
Rockna Wavedream Net CD / File player
Devialet 400
Dynaudio Sapphire

(25-Feb-2016, 10:58)eloShipping box. the inner one.Thanks! Wrote:
(16-Feb-2016, 11:27)Carlos Peixoto Wrote:
(23-Nov-2015, 11:23)elo Wrote: Upgrade from 200 to 400.  Improvement in every aspects.  Really happy!

Congratulations Elo!
I would like to know the external dimensions of black boxes. Could you give this information?
Thanks a lot!

Sorry for the late response Carlos.  However what black boxes are you referring ?
(25-Feb-2016, 11:03)Carlos Peixoto Wrote:
(25-Feb-2016, 10:58)eloShipping box. the inner one.Thanks! Wrote:
(16-Feb-2016, 11:27)Carlos Peixoto Wrote: Congratulations Elo!
Thanks a lot!

Elo,
See attached file.
Thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Well after waiting what felt like forever my Companion arrived at weeks' end and I finally got a few minutes to install it. Struggled with the config files, always seem to - must be me. I did not know how to check the firmware version it came with and once in the rack I really wasn't able to see the screen clearly so I just downloaded the latest 9.0.1 into both units. Inserted the trigger cable and the stock Spdif between the units.

With a paltry 15 minutes running everything has more impact. Bass is rather a big change for the better - despite not ever using a SAM profile I would think it is akin to using SAM - more of it but tight with grip!

How much of the preliminary benefits are the V9 upgrade versus moving from 200 to the 400 - don't know, don't care.

It wasn't intuitive on how to access the inputs/outputs  on the Companion within the Configurator - let's remember I haven't had to insert an SD card in well over 6 months...

I guess I'll have to figure that out in time as I probably need to gain access to analog pre-outs on both units to run my headphones like I did when all I had was the 200. I was a wee bit too excited to get it running and as a result didn't invest much time within the Configurator.

At a very, very early stage I'm impressed Big Grin
Oppo 95 >> HDMI >> Kanex De-embedder >> Digital Coax >> Dev 400 >> Bryston Middle T
Just got a 200 a little over a month ago and so far very happy with it but thinking of getting a used 200 or companion to upgrade as well.
No doubt I will struggle with the configuration as well!
Enjoy your new amps. They will get better with a few hundred hours on them.
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner
(18-Apr-2016, 05:20)IRon D Wrote: Well after waiting what felt like forever my Companion arrived at weeks' end and I finally got a few minutes to install it. Struggled with the config files, always seem to - must be me. I did not know how to check the firmware version it came with and once in the rack I really wasn't able to see the screen clearly so I just downloaded the latest 9.0.1 into both units. Inserted the trigger cable and the stock Spdif between the units.

With a paltry 15 minutes running everything has more impact. Bass is rather a big change for the better - despite not ever using a SAM profile I would think it is akin to using SAM - more of it but tight with grip!

How much of the preliminary benefits are the V9 upgrade versus moving from 200 to the 400 - don't know, don't care.

It wasn't intuitive on how to access the inputs/outputs  on the Companion within the Configurator - let's remember I haven't had to insert an SD card in well over 6 months...

I guess I'll have to figure that out in time as I probably need to gain access to analog pre-outs on both units to run my headphones like I did when all I had was the 200. I was a wee bit too excited to get it running and as a result didn't invest much time within the Configurator.

At a very, very early stage I'm impressed Big Grin

I upgraded from D 200 to 400 quite recently. I use the AES/EBU on the companion for the connection to the master and run without the trigger cable. All of the inputs on the master are used and one set of preamp outputs on the companion to drive my 'phones. I guess you need to configure to use the amps connected with AES/EBU and without the trigger cable.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
thanks for the feedback guys. Admittedly my lack of interaction with the Configurator proves frustrating at least for me but it appears to be hit and miss at times as yesterday I couldn't access the XLR on the Companion but today I can - might just be me and my fumbling around. Once the XLR was available I did find a way to get the pre-outs available to me on the Companion as Axel did but it does remove the trigger cable from the portrayed picture - not sure if the loss of the trigger capability is accurate or not. Guess I'll find out when I can borrow a RCA-XLR cable to tie the units together.

I am seeing higher operating temps in the Companion though but I believe from what I've read in other threads here this could go away once the XLR input is engaged - we'll have to see in time.
Oppo 95 >> HDMI >> Kanex De-embedder >> Digital Coax >> Dev 400 >> Bryston Middle T