Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy 400 user - upgrade from 200
Hello TDA,
Listening to a piece of equipment before buying is definitely the right thing to do. However, this is not always possible.
I bought my D200 without auditioning, to replace my Ayon Triton tube integrated amp.
I was thrilled with the new Devialet. After about a year into this, again I upgraded to D400 by getting a new Companion. The improvement in sound quality is beyond my expectation. I wouldn't even hesitate one bit to upgrade knowing what I know now. The D400 sound is amazing, much better than D200 stand alone.
Then my dealer called me to say someone didn't want the D800 on order and asked if I wanted it. Once again I upgraded to D800 from my D400.
The improvement this time isn't as much as in D200 to D400 but at least I have explored and experienced what it is like.
This audio journey has been one that is exciting and fulfilling.
Once you get your Companion and upgrade to D400, I am quite certain you will find a huge improvement. Enjoy!
Do let us know and keep us updated!
Cheers.
 Deviate 800   /   PMC Fact 12  /  Clearaudio Concept MM   /  Aurender N100H   /  MacMini  Roon 
Hello Giddy707,

thank you for writting.

I will agree with you on listening before buying. But I made my decision based on reading in here. I think that can definitely gain some by upgrading. And i have a return policy from the shop where i bought if from, if I find it unnecessary.

I live fare away from any Devialet dealer and i buy all my gear online. Because of my work it is also difficult to travel to a dealer. but i am sure that i have made the right choice by ordering a companion. Because my speakers can improve a lot by it.

Cool system that you have. I am jealous of your D800 :-)

I will keep you updated. I will be home in 9 days time, and after spending some time with the kids, i will post my experiences. i sure hope that it will be worth spending the extra cash.

sorry for the bad english. I am a little tired..
Well my dealer offered me a super deal on a companion so he's received my deposit. It will be a while before I can fulfill the balance so I'll have to be patient. Nothing like being offered a deal right after Xmas when funds are at an all time low - the wife and I, more the wife, tend to go overboard with the family.

I was considering moving to a speaker that has a SAM profile and just staying with the 200 but I just couldn't pass up the deal. I can always return to the hunt for speakers at a later date Wink

I'll have to live with the stock companion link cable for some time to come but will monitor these threads in the hopes that inexpensive alternate choices are brought forth.
(09-Jan-2016, 20:48)Ron D Wrote: Well my dealer offered me a super deal on a companion so he's received my deposit. It will be a while before I can fulfill the balance so I'll have to be patient. Nothing like being offered a deal right after Xmas when funds are at an all time low - the wife and I, more the wife, tend to go overboard with the family.

I was considering moving to a speaker that has a SAM profile and just staying with the 200 but I just couldn't pass up the deal. I can always return to the hunt for speakers at a later date Wink

I'll have to live with the stock companion link cable for some time to come but will monitor these threads in the hopes that inexpensive alternate choices are brought forth.

You, Ron, will certainly NOT regret it!
I made that leap of faith just over 6 months ago, and the quality of music reproduction was like chalk and cheese (not that the D200 is poor - it was excellent!). It just adds more clarity and tightness
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.
i have connected my D200 back up a couple of times and each time it is clear what the extra D200 is doing in a monoblock configuration. Difficult to put into words just more of everything, a very worthwhile upgrade when you consider some audiophiles spend more than the price of a Companion on cables !
Devialet D400
Wilson Sasha
Onkyo Cd transport via aes/ebu
Direct Drive Turntable Micro Benz Gold MC Cartridge
2 x Shunyata Sigma Digital Power Cord
Transparent Super MM2 Speaker Cable
(11-Jan-2016, 09:50)teddlesdee Wrote:
(09-Jan-2016, 20:48)Ron D Wrote: Well my dealer offered me a super deal on a companion so he's received my deposit. It will be a while before I can fulfill the balance so I'll have to be patient. Nothing like being offered a deal right after Xmas when funds are at an all time low - the wife and I, more the wife, tend to go overboard with the family.

You, Ron, will certainly NOT regret it!
I made that leap of faith just over 6 months ago, and the quality of music reproduction was like chalk and cheese (not that the D200 is poor - it was excellent!). It just adds more clarity and tightness
Totally agree here. Don't think twice, just do it! The grip that the 400 exerts on the speakers gives the best bass I've ever heard, and I've heard a few.

Al.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
I have a D200 and looking into upgrading to a 400. I have done all listning but have some questions on the wiring and setup

- What interlink do you all use? the one that come in the box (Chrystal)
- Do you have both amps on one power socket or are you using a filter or something to connect both on the net?
- How are your speakers connected bi-wire or bi-amp ing?

Thanks!!!
(05-Feb-2016, 15:29)Xander Wrote: I have a D200 and looking into upgrading to a 400. I have done all listning but have some questions on the wiring and setup

- What interlink do you all use? the one that come in the box (Chrystal)
- Do you have both amps on one power socket or are you using a filter or something to connect both on the net?
- How are your speakers connected bi-wire or bi-amp ing?

Thanks!!!

i use the stock one for now. at least until my D400 has broken in.
i use a power socket for both amps. but a better quality one. I do not have the possibility to use 2.
my speakers are connected single wire which is the idea with dual monos.

get your 400 and don't buy expensive tweeking gear before you have listen to it before. then after som months you can try and improve the system.
So this is just informational to your question. I started by using the supplied cable from Devialet for the connection between the two units. Later because apparently I have nothing better to do with my life I purchased a DH Labs D-110 cable AES/RCA cable as a replacement, inexpensive and I have been very happy with it.

Both amps going into a Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One, I had the unit before I bought the Devialets.

My speakers are in fact connected Bi Wire because Vivid Audio and the distributor recommended it. Again I turned to DH Labs for my speaker cables, Q-10 Signatures, very happy with them and a fair price too, under $901 for 8 feet.

I agree with what has been posted above, enjoy first, tweak later if you feel like it.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(23-Nov-2015, 11:23)elo Wrote: Upgrade from 200 to 400.  Improvement in every aspects.  Really happy!

Congratulations Elo!
I would like to know the external dimensions of black boxes. Could you give this information?
Thanks a lot!