Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What gear did you trade or sell to get Devialet?
I've actually sold my D400's and purchasing ARC ref 6 and REf 250SE's.

Sorry for abandsoning ship as it were, but the D400's never really "did it" for me and am going back to what I prefer, namely valves....
I was late into this hobby and was on Marantz PM6005, iFi iDSD Nano, iTube, iUSBpower, iPurifier to Le200.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

I had a Linn Akurate DS and Dynavector amplifiers, D250 was a significant improvement for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
Metrum Octave DAC, ARC PH7 phono, Anatek MC-1 phono, ARC Ref3, Krell FPB700cx + all cables and racks. Replaced with a D200.

Dave
A little suggestion , please write the price of your old setup
Devialet 800| B&W 802 Diamond | JL 113 | Linn Akurate DS + Denon HEOS for Spotify | Stealth Reverie speaker cables| Audioprana AES/RCA | DH LABS PC 
I used to have ARC DSi200 and ARC DAC8. I liked the ARC DAC slightly more, but the Devialet amp is way superior.
Esoteric K-01.
Esoteric A-02.
Nordost Valhalla balanced IC.
Nordost Valhalla SC (spade - spade).
Colin

Vivid Audio Giya G2s, Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Sonic Transporter i7, Sean Jacobs DC3 LPS, Marantz UD 7007.
Shunyata Denali, Alpha PC, Sigma PCs (x3) & Sigma Speaker Cables.
Quadraspire X Reference rack.

North East England
ARC Ref 3 pre, ARC Ref 110 amp, ARC Ref 8 CD, ARC Ref 2 phono
(25-Nov-2015, 07:11)mauidan Wrote:
(25-Nov-2015, 02:37)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Hi Flohman / Maiden,

I heard the Ref 75 once at a dealer and was immediately taken by its holographic sound. Do you feel you're missing that with the Dev?

Who's Flohman & Maiden?

That's why they named me Pim; less letters to stuff up Tongue  Sorry Flohmann and Mauidan.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
My previous system comprised Naim NAC 552 NAP 300 NDS/555ps HDX sitting on NaimFraim. Replaced with 800 and Aurender X100 and have not looked back.
Cheers,
Bill.
Devialet 1000pro C1. Aurender N10 Wilson Benesch A.C.T. ONE Evolution P1 Naim headline Naim highcap Sennheiser HD 800 Naim Super Lumina speaker cable. Shunyata Delta EF mains cables. 2 PSI AVAA C20 active acoustic absorbers.